David Yurman - Sweet 18k and SS

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just picked this up at lunch. Sadly there’s a lady in my life who will steal it from me. ONE DOLLAR! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535044060.245157.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find. Happy wife happy life!

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
You need to save that for a very special occasion! I had to stop showing my wife the good stuff I found!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
GREAT FIND!

My husband complains to me, "All the good stuff you find ends up in your jewelry box." Well DUH!

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We decided to list it at $1,700 - if we can get $1,200 then it sells. If not, then it’s an early xmas present.

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There’s only one other one listed - they’re asking $1299.00 and it’s half the size (16” as opposed to 32”). ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535122931.402338.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I tell my wife the value of stuff before she claimed it in the past...you know, so she knows what I’m sacrificing for her happiness. That is a nice ring. My wife’s birthstone, so she would have gotten it for her Birthday in a couple weeks.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a good eye for jewelry. Congrats
There is a reason for that.

Nice find randazzo.

I don't mention my jewelry finds to the wife all the time. Only if I know she won't like it. Most of the silver is safe. She used to wear what I would call a "Mr. T starter kit" with all her gold. I got her out of the habit of wearing so much for fear of her being robbed for it. Not to mention it looks gaudy nowadays. This ain't Miami in the 1980's, lol.

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. My uncle was a big track gambler and he also used to wear all the chains and my father would call it a “Mr T Starter Set” too. Small world.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife has dibs on the following designers as I find them: DY, T&Co, James Avery, and "If I Like It Designs" haha -- But she's also very frugal so if the resale value is super high, or if it's very high margin, she gets in a little wear time and then respects 'the flip'. She's a keeper. She really didn't care that much about jewelry before we met in 2011... Still trying to find her a big fat diamond that I can turn into a necklace and take her breath away some Christmas morning...

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife has dibs on the following designers as I find them: DY, T&Co, James Avery, and "If I Like It Designs" haha -- But she's also very frugal so if the resale value is super high, or if it's very high margin, she gets in a little wear time and then respects 'the flip'. She's a keeper. She really didn't care that much about jewelry before we met in 2011... Still trying to find her a big fat diamond that I can turn into a necklace and take her breath away some Christmas morning...

That’s part of what it is here. There is ZERO possibility of us going into a store and buying anything like this new. Just not feasible right now. So it’s kind of the only opportunity, but then at the same time we’d rather use the money for something fun, like a trip. I sold the omega speedmaster i found a few months ago for the same reason.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with you. I already sold one of the watches I said I would keep. And I sold my Speedmaster as well and we had a great time in Florida.
The one thing this “picking” thing has taught me is regardless of how much I loved it, or collected it, when I die, it will probably end up in a thrift store for the next guy.

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with you. I already sold one of the watches I said I would keep. And I sold my Speedmaster as well and we had a great time in Florida.
The one thing this “picking” thing has taught me is regardless of how much I loved it, or collected it, when I die, it will probably end up in a thrift store for the next guy.

So so true. I'm 33 years young, yet I'm often looking at my inventory wondering if I should tag things with values so my loved ones know what's what if I checkout early... Or if I should put names on the bottom of stuff so people who do know what it's worth can make it happen... haha

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I learned a long time ago that the rush you get from buying something expensive is almost never worth the lost opportunity. I'd rather spend the money on good times with family/friends and then enjoy the resulting memories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread