DaVinci Wreck

PDJ

Jul 27, 2007
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Whites DFX 300
This was posted on the 'Treasure in the News' thread a couple of years ago -- Does anyone know what became of this wreck?

"The Da Vinci Chalice Group Discovery Of The Lost Chalice Of Leonardo Da Vinci

The Lost Chalice of Da Vinci

For Immediate Release
MIAMI/EWORLDWIRE/Sep. 23, 2007 --- The remarkable discovery of a rare artifact was announced today in Miami, Florida. Uncovered some years ago, this beautiful silver vessel, first thought to be no more than a strange hunk of coral rock, may have far-reaching significance. Submerged for 500 years in a 17th century shipwreck off the coast of Florida, a painstaking cleaning has finally revealed the vessel to be a silver cup, or "chalice," which may be yet another piece of
puzzle in the never-ending da Vinci saga, which includes many stories and much controversy about a "lost chalice."

According to the DaVinciChaliceGroup, which is presently working on it, the artistic signature and markings are consistent with that period and particularly da Vinci's work. The intention of the Group is to find an appropriate placement for this remarkable vessel, which may be viewed at http://www.TheDaVinciChalice.com.

For further inquiries and feedback e-mail [email protected] or [email protected].

For in-depth information and background, and other graphics*, visit http://www.thedavincichalice.com, or make contact by e-mail at [email protected]. " -- posted by kenb on another thread

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am still trying to figure out how a 17th century wreck has been submerged for 500 years? :icon_scratch:

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ship obviously entered a multi-generation time phase shift vortex created by the wake of a UFO that caused it to go back in time and to sink.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wreckdiver1715 said:
The ship obviously entered a multi-generation time phase shift vortex created by the wake of a UFO that caused it to go back in time and to sink.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, you weren't by chance the guy Aquanut and I met on a treasure coast beach late one night in about 94. We learned all about how the pyramids were constructed out there and transported down here. That being said, we have seen some strange things out on those beaches at night....could just be :wink:

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mad4wrecks said:
There IS the underwater pyramid off Seagrape beach access in Vero.

I haven't seen it but have talked to a diver who swears he has!

You know, that is possible. Does anyone know how big this pyramid is supposed to be. I spent a lot of time working off Seagrape and never saw one there....but....after digging thru some of my old notes I might be able to explain it.

During WWII the Military used the Florida shoreline from roughly Vero Beach to FT Pierce to train troops for amphibious landings. These areas resemble many of the shorelines in both the Pacific and European theaters. Just above Ft Pierce on A!A is the SEAL/UDT Museum. The water off shore all through that area was used by the UDT extensively to train their people to blow underwater obstacles and many are still out there. It was always one of my favorite bug hunting spots and I pulled many from around those obstacles.

One type, was a reinforced concrete pyramid shaped thing that was used also on land as a tank trap. This could possibly be the answer to the underwater pyramid thing.

Deepsix

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Good thinking Deepsix, But those obstacles you are talking about are all too far south.
I tend to think that it is one of those pyramids that are built in outer space and transported to earth in UFO's that your friend on the beach at Seagrape told us about.
Aquanut

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aquanut said:
Good thinking Deepsix, But those obstacles you are talking about are all too far south.
I tend to think that it is one of those pyramids that are built in outer space and transported to earth in UFO's that your friend on the beach at Seagrape told us about.
Aquanut

Hey slick, he wasen't my friend....lmao!!!! He talked to you longer then me. As I remember it he even followed you a bit. I wonder how he figured you wanted to know all about those space pyramids....ROFLMAO!!!!

Deepsix

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aquanut said: Good thinking Deepsix, But those obstacles you are talking about are all too far south.

Not necessarily. Remember all of that bunker/landing type stuff we found working the dune line just south of Vero. I would think to make it real they would have set water obstacles up also offshore. That whole area did always remind me a bit of a lot of North African Coastline. Anyway, just thought it might be a possible answer.

Deepsix

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Well Deepsix,
I think we should check it out since that's the only way to be sure. Got any idea where to start? LOL
Aquanut

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aquanut said:
Well Deepsix,
I think we should check it out since that's the only way to be sure. Got any idea where to start? LOL
Aquanut

The easiest way would be get someone that has been on it to give us an approximate size. I'll almost bet it matches the Tank Traps. If anyone wants to give us the GPS or old Loran numbers we can dive it.

I've been thinking about going over for a few days anyway. I was looking thru some of my old notes and there are a lot of targets we never went back to work on the beach and in the water. A few days should satisfy my curiosity on some of the beach hits. A couple of them have bugged me for a lot of years now.

Deepsix

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Well,
let's hold off until after the cookout, There may be more interesting things come out of this...
Aquanut

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to look out there for the pyramid,its not there.

Report On The Search For Florida's Underwater Pyramids

Last issue of AP I announced that we were finally going to conduct a search for the alleged underwater pyramids off the east coast of Florida, especially focusing on the area off Vero Beach. The project took place between December 28, 2008 and January 2, 2009. Those directly involved—other than myself—included Dr. Lora Little, the Bahamanian dive master and boat captain Krista Brown, and actor/filmmaker Stan Prachniak. John Van Auken and Doris Van Auken of the ARE were also present during portions of the project. One important reason the search was conducted was that the waters in the area are usually choppy and the waves are often large. The winds sometimes reached over 30 mph and we were briefly swamped and completely soaked at least one time by large waves. We spent one day on the water when a "small craft advisory" had been issued by the National Weather Service. However, it has to be explained that this was the actual plan as we were running a new boat through tests and intended to assess its capabilities. The boat will be used for extensive exploration and we wanted the initial tests to be severe.

Prior to going to the area we obtained a precise description on the location of the alleged structure, first reported by Captain Buster Conway in the early 1980's. Brent Raynes interviewed one of Capt. Conway's close friends, Dr. Berthold E. Schwarz, an eminent semi-retired psychiatrist now living in Vero Beach, who provided numerous details about the pyramid story. There also are some sketchy internet reports from individuals claiming to have stood on the structure, but all of these reports I consider to be questionable. From those descriptions I tend to think that the individuals were standing on a manmade reef offshore of Vero Beach. The reef is made from thousands of square limestone blocks. As I wrote in last month's article, "Logically, it would seem obvious that since the 1980's someone would certainly have refound this alleged structure if it existed. Nevertheless, we plan on doing a full and systematic search of the area with both the side-scan sonar and a continual video feed."

Dr. Schwarz revealed to Brent Raynes that Buster Conway was reliable and sincere about his claim and I have no reason to doubt that assessment. I have known Dr. Schwarz for over two decades. Dr. Schwarz added that others had tried to find the structure but the murkiness of the water prohibited anyone from relocating it. In addition, Conway himself had tried to refind the structure several times without success.

The general location of the structure is a few miles offshore from a host of Spanish treasure ships that were destroyed during a hurricane in 1717. Krista Brown and I scuba dived near a reef but the underwater visibility was actually less than 2-feet. The underwater video proved useless in the murky water but the sidescan sonar was flawless. Our sidescan sonar easily detected a host of ship ballast, reef structure, and coral formations. Starting about 200 yards from the shoreline, we made several 3-mile runs utilizing the side scan sonar with the bottom contours and anything on the bottom shown in remarkably vivid detail. These 3-mile runs were done in a pattern that allowed us to eventually look at an area approximately 2-miles wide and 3-miles long with the 3-mile side going into the deep water to the east of the coastline. What we essentially found was nothing whatsoever except for a smooth sandy bottom and an occasional object—such as a tire— laying on the bottom.

The result of this search, which in science is called "negative results," simply means we found no evidence of the alleged pyramid structure. It does not mean the alleged structure does not exist. While we focused our search on the exact area where the structure is supposedly located, there are a host of possibilities that might account for the finding—or lack of finding. First, something resembling a pyramid could be there, but the location might simply be outside the area we searched. However, as mentioned earlier there is an unusual reef near the shoreline—portions of which are manmade and constructed of cubic limestone blocks—that could account for some of the more recent accounts of the structure posted on the internet. A more likely explanation is that there are unusual limestone outcrops found on the bottom in the general area—although not in the area we searched. These outcrops resemble cones, spires, and steeples and are described on marine charts by those terms. However, most of these are in much deeper water and some are simply too far away to have been confused with this area. Personally, I not believe that a pyramid is there, but I do believe that Buster Conway probably saw something that he interpreted as a pyramid. Because he could not later refind the structure, I tend to believe that he was confused about the location. And so, the mystery of the alleged pyramids has been systematically probed for the first time, at least to some extent, but it remains unsolved.

Contrary to claims made by others, the supposed location of the pyramid is actually dived seldom—if ever. Dive operations that do visit that area of Florida usually go to deeper sites often tens of miles from the location. Divers do visit the Spanish galleon wrecks located just off shore in shallow water in the summer.

Because we had been given the precise location of Conway's pyramid site we focused our efforts there rather than trying to find the completely obscure sites of other alleged pyramids further up the coast. Those reports do seem to fit the locations of the unusual but natural "cones" and "steeples" off the coast. These are heavily visited by fishermen and some would, indeed, have the appearance of pyramids on depth finders and sonar.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Thanks for that report Fisheye. I didn't know anyone had put together a serious attempt to find the pyramid. But, it appears that it's still inconclusive whether or not it exists.
Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread