Davy Joness lock-up...

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Davy Jones's lock-up...

Awhile back i thought up a idea for a poor treasure mans AUV.All you need is a small boat like a 13 foot boston whaler with a 15hp motor.A laptop in a waterproof case.A autohelm controlled by the laptop with a gps.And a fish with sidescan or mag and cameras.The fish could be attached to the bottom of the boat or hung over the side.And a program to make the rig do a search grid.Have the laptop setup on wireless as well as a wireless video feed to transmit back to the mother ship where you sit there and fish or watch the data/video or send divers out in another small boat to check out the hits.Have the rig set up that if it goes out of the grid area (due to unexpected malfuctions)to just shut down the motor and set it to run in a circle so you dont have to chase it all over the ocean or lake.

I have everything to build this rig,just need someone to write a program for the laptop.

Why waste fuel dragging around a fish in a large boat when you can sit back and relax while the AUV rig does the work for you.

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho

Speaking of sonar, have any of you heard of realtime 3d sonar? I stumbled on this website a little while ago and the screenshots look very impressive. I'm guessing it is expensive as hell but I would love to try it out some day.

http://www.codaoctopus.com/3d_ac_im/index.asp

The only problem I have with AUVs is that they could potentially cause a shipping hazard. You send them out to do a grid scan for you and then what happens if you lose connection? Or if a massive oil tanker is cutting through your grid area? Without a crew and without anyone paying attention, the widespread use of these AUVs could be more of a burden in some areas.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I just got a quote for the Codaoctopus sonar system. Its $900 per day to rent or $395,000 if you want to buy the system!

capt dom

Nov 9, 2006
Jupiter, Florida USA

Here is a high tech group using state of the art
technology like they are using in Washington to solve
our country's economic problems....

Now don't any of you take this the wrong way....

Merry Christmas......

Attachments

• coin divers.jpg
    coin divers.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 248

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread