Day 1 ( eviction lockout finds )

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this today while clearing out an apartment where the resident had 3 cats that were Crapping on every thing, colthes, carpets, ect to make it worse the power company turned off the power 7 days ago and the food in the fridge was Rotten!!!! so far I have cleared out the Living room, Kitchen, laundry room, stairs hallway and half of the first bedroom and all i found so far was Crap and trash .26 in clad and the item pictured broken but still ok

! more day and Then i have to really get to work on this apartment to get It ready for rent!!!!! HH Chug

Attachments

• 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,290
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,073
Upvote 0

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Neat find, remember to cut the fabric off the bottom of any furniture left behind, might score there as well (might want to wear a mask though, fumes/dust/dander etc). :thumbsup:

You guys doing this for a living? (forgive me if you posted that before and I missed it)

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No furniture other the a few dressers aready have checked the bottoms of the drawers Nothing!!!!

I forgot to mention that I have caught 2 of the cats and Taken them to the Humane socity!!!! I think there may be 1 more!!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very careful, We have to store anything over 50.00 in value nothing yet Although we have several items that are under and will be stored for 30 days then disposed of!!!! Now I have to get into the main living area of the cats tomorrow to get rid of everything else!!!! Another Stinky day good thing I'm going to eat before I start Again!!! Chug

Red just did the magnet test just barly held on to the magnet Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr maybe some silver in it!!!!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug, what are you talking about with the magnet test and "may be some silver in it?" Are you talking about the turquoise looking piece? If it is silver, there should be a mark on it somewhere....otherwise, it is probably a plated base metal, at best.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Nice looking piece you found. Good luck on the rest of the clean out. Don't envy you one bit. Hi Red!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it mostly silver just barly holds on to a magnet!!!!! It has the silver look to It !!!! Chug If yo move the magent it falls off!!!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
desertfox said:
Nice looking piece you found. Good luck on the rest of the clean out. Don't envy you one bit. Hi Red!

Thanks I just dont want to find anything other than what I found so far!!! Chug

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Are you telling me that the previous resident of this apartment is not allowed to collect her cats? This is so sad for these poor cats. Have you at least left food for the remaining animal?
I feel bad that she chose to live like a pig, but it is not the fault of the poor animals that were left behind like garbage. If she was locked-out and not even allowed to get her pets, then that just is wrong!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like somone misplaced an earring.

Nice find.

I Don't envy yous Hunting through Cat Crap.
shame you's can't open everything & Let it Freeze
solid first.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gemee said:
Are you telling me that the previous resident of this apartment is not allowed to collect her cats? This is so sad for these poor cats. Have you at least left food for the remaining animal?
I feel bad that she chose to live like a pig, but it is not the fault of the poor animals that were left behind like garbage. If she was locked-out and not even allowed to get her pets, then that just is wrong!
chug and red would not do that ! they run off and left them ..........

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
This type of work has it's ups & downs.
I have had the opportunity to clear out & rehab 4 residences that had been filled with boxes of storage Items & then left for 20 years.
They were all owned by the same person whose relatives had passed on, & each ones belongings were packed into these houses.
Rodents, decay, trash, Then, it all becomes worthwhile when you come across that
box of treasure underneath it all, Showed all valuables & mementos to the owner,
she chose to keep only pictures & a few other personal Items.
I retrieved a substantial amount of Coins, Antiques & collectibles
from these 'dirty jobs'
I'll never forget Upon opening one box, a rat leapt out & ran up my forearm in it's bid to escape!
later, I heard noise in another box, so I got my camera ready, lifted some items out of the box, and the rest is shown below, they were released & scurried into the foundation of the building, 'Momma, We Go Too'
Happy Hunting Chug & Red :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Rats.jpg
    Rats.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,074

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"(might want to wear a mask though, fumes/dust/dander etc)." METH

Sounds like they were methmonsters to me

Attachments

• 26-05-ICT-Editoon-070706-320.jpg
    26-05-ICT-Editoon-070706-320.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,020

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Interesting find...... I hate eviction crap.....I work at the JP office so I am always filing them ..... Blah blah ! Oh well people should pay their stuff !!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gemee said:
I feel bad that she chose to live like a pig, but it is not the fault of the poor animals that were left behind like garbage. If she was lockout and not even allowed to get her pets, then that just is wrong!

She had the time to get her cats out, she was not there when the sheriff came to check the apartment and return it to us by court order!!! The sheriff was the one who notified me that she saw at least 1 cat!!! Yes the cats had food but no access to water !!! there is food and water in the apartment and will be until i clear out the rest of it!!!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yikes that is just nasty to the max!

my MIL owns 11 rental trailers and what she is left with sometimes is just vile so I know what you are going thru. ugh, people huh?

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's amazing, the things we come across at times, it's just mind boggling! If anyone had known for sure that there were animal's in there, they would have been taken care of as soon as they were found, my wife and I love animals, this upset me so badly, I was pissed! No animal should go through that! >:( >:( >:(

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Santas other Elves C@R said:
gemee said:
I feel bad that she chose to live like a pig, but it is not the fault of the poor animals that were left behind like garbage. If she was lockout and not even allowed to get her pets, then that just is wrong!

She had the time to get her cats out, she was not there when the sheriff came to check the apartment and return it to us by court order!!! The sheriff was the one who notified me that she saw at least 1 cat!!! Yes the cats had food but no access to water !!! there is food and water in the apartment and will be until i clear out the rest of it!!!

You are a good man.

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
"No furniture other the a few dressers aready have checked the bottoms of the drawers Nothing!!!"

My daughter bought some furniture at a yard sale. We stored the furniture at our home since the daughter was still involved in the closing process for her house. When she finally got all the paperwork done and was ready to move into the house we (of course) had to move the furniture for her. Now we had checked the furniture before and found nothing. But when we took the drawers out to lessen the weight of the dresser and tipped it over to begin moving it I heard something clunk inside. I though I might have broken something and upon looking inside I found two packets of fairly nice jewelry. The packets must have been placed toward the top of the draw like being placed on a pile of sweaters or something like that. Apparently when someone opened the drawer the two packets got wedged between the top of the drawer and the dresser drawer framework and slipped behind the drawer falling behind the open drawer space where it remained until being found. I'd suggest pulling out the drawers and checking to see if anything got "caught" and dropped out of the drawer. Especially if your moving out "junk" furniture.

JRich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread