Day 1 On New Machine

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Today I finally decided to my new Explorer into action after about a week of reading the manual, Andy's book, and other on-line resources. Even after all the reading I was still left confused and figured the best way to learn is put it into action. I picked a house that was built in the 1930's and figured at least there wouldn't be to much iron trash in the ground. Most of the places around me go back to colonial times and the trash can get pretty confusing.

The two hour hunt didn't produce any extremely deep targets but provided me with some experience on how different targets react. I pretty much just stuck with the factory settings and will continue to do so until I get this thing figured out. The only target I had locked in for sure and knew it was a coin was the 1954 silver rosie at 4.5". It gave the greatest little flute like sound. The two wheat's I found separately both at 4" did not sound anything like an airtest I done earlier and they were very high pitch choppy sounds. The clad dime which was on top of the ground and two other cents both between 1-2" sounded strong.

The two hours of digging also produced various pieces of copper, a rabies vaccination tag and a bent aluminum Sunoco antique car coin. I also dug quite a few holes chasing ghost signals but it may have been my pinpointing which seemed to be off a little bit. I have a few more areas like this that I am going to test until I get this machine down and hit the colonial sites, hopefully before the snow hits. HH, SE

Attachments

• coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 313
  • junk1.JPG
    junk1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 309
Upvote 0

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Congrats on the new machine and you're first finds... Looks like it works to me :laughing7:

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
like you im a new se user i get ups and downs with it but like it so far can be confusing at times ive also read andys book pinpoint for most part is right on minelab wiggle ive also dug some deep ghost holes and deep rusty nails but also afew deep coins we will learn this se and find great finds like iron patches lol keep diggin find lots have fun

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your going to love the Explorer. Just keep plugging away. There is no substitue for time of use. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread