Day 2 at Old Stone Arch Bridge

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This bridge was built in 1840 to replace a previous bridge so traffic was crossing here for over 150 years before the road was finally closed. First signal of the day was on the bank again which is usally under water and pulled this 1939 wheat just like you see it, no clean up required. Then the pipe part, unknown iron in the blob of encrustation, a '67 penny(must be good, year I was born:icon_thumleft:), then pulled up the mud from the bottom, dumped it on the bank and saw the edge of a quarter, now after pulling a '39 and a '41 wheat my heart started racing hoping an early Washington or better was peeking at me. Alas, it was not to be :BangHead:, a '68. Lots more area to search, lots more coins to find(I hope). ArchBridg5th.JPG ArchBridge5th2.JPG 193921.JPG 193922.JPG

Upvote 5

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt. Sure is funny how some coins will come out crusty and worn slick and others will come out shiny and new looking.
Keep at it, im sure there are some 1840 coins there just waiting to be saved....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another good hunt! I bet there are many old coins and relics just waiting to be rescued!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread