DAY 2 OF 3 DAY HUNT

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
Day 2 was a blast!Our first hunt was in a wooded area and the finds were plenty.The 2nd hunt of the day was silver dimes and tokens for prizes,we were able to find 3 tokens for silver rounds.(knorrski found 2).We totaled alot of silver dimes as well.After the awards and a lunch break we hit it again with a larger silver hunt.We found silver halfs,dimes,quarters and I snagged a Morgan dollar.After a quick supper we had bingo for 2 hours with me as the caller and it was alot of fun.After it turned dark there was a night hunt for silver dimes and wheats and no lights what so ever were allowed.They were just thrown around so you had to be very good at pinpointing while you feel around the ground.That was alot of fun also and also helped you improve your pinpointing skills.Our total haul for today was as follows:59 wheats,146 silver dimes,24 mercs,7 silver quarters,1 standing quarter,1 can silver dime,1 each of walker,kennedy and franklin halves,3 silver rounds and 1 morgan dollar.I can live with those numbers!

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• sunday wheats.jpg
    sunday wheats.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 298
  • sunday dimes.jpg
    sunday dimes.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 297
  • sunday mercs and can.jpg
    sunday mercs and can.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 298
  • sunday quarters.jpg
    sunday quarters.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 295
  • sunday rounds.jpg
    sunday rounds.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 294
  • sunday big silver.jpg
    sunday big silver.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0
D

Deadshot

What a great day!!!! I was waiting to see this post pop up. Now I can go to bed and wait to see your post tommorow. Congrates on all the great coins. And good luck tommorow!

Deadshot

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal Bigrig,

Looks fun!

HH

Lonewolfe

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW Yall!!!! Sounds and looks like you had a really great time!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!

;)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call these canned hunts or club hunts and they are lots of fun.? They usually have quite a few door prizes and you can also buy chances on a lot of good prizes.? Last one our club had they raffled off 7 detectors, all top of the line products.? No, I didn't win any, didn't come out ahead, didn't recover my entry fee either.? But I? was successful as I brought home? my only silver dollar and had a ball.? I also brouight home several silver coins and 17 wheat pennies.? Week end after next our club is having a water hunt at a close by lake and I'll get to take my Sea Hunter out for some known targets.? Should be fun!? Glad to hear you and Knorski enjoyed it!? JIM

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go

I love the Mercury dimes

Kermit

hoosier hunter

Aug 20, 2005
Southern indiana
Hey big rig,
I diddnt get a chance to meet you at the bingo. We got there just in time to hunt the night hunt. It was a blast. I did preaty good on day 1, I did alittle better on day 2, and I did really good on day3, those fields were packed full of silver. there were silver quarters,halves,dollars,silver rounds, six gold pieces, and a 10 ounce silver bar. I wasn't lucky enough to get any gold or the 10 ounce bar but I did get several nice halves and quarters. It was a blast....

H.H.

Hoosier Hunter...

M

mchamby

Good going you both did great and had a good time, you can't beat that. Our club is having and $800.00 silver hunt coming up in Oct. I hope to be healthy enough to go to it this year missed it last. We are in VT and go to Maine and have it at a local beach, it's great fun, I can't wait. Give us your total finds when you can. :)
Mchamby

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Looks like you did pretty good. I know I have been to hunts like those. You need to swing really fast.

HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread