Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still no stinkin' silver coins:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:found a ???large IRON spoon??? that I gave to the owner, plus his sister had a dog named Annie that passed a few years ago. pretty pink heart tag with 2 phone #'s, that was returned to owner. then a 1928 NY dog tag, 3 wheats, part of pocket knife, another button with loop. last hole of the day was a slamming iron hit that went to a chirp at every pass:dontknow::dontknow:---hey, gotta dig this one since it was bouncing up to 86 VDI. at 6 inches. living above some big a$$ iron:laughing7:the 1865 IHP:laughing7::laughing7:. powered down & showed my host the take for the day and gave him the items that needed to stay at this historic home. also bagged a buck in clad8-)8-) IMG_3276.JPG IMG_3277.JPG IMG_3278.JPG IMG_3279.JPG IMG_3280.JPG IMG_3281.JPG IMG_3282.JPG IMG_3283.JPG IMG_3284.JPG IMG_3285.JPG back today---in search of at least a Rosie or Merc:dontknow::dontknow:. but I will settle for any Colon--or a GW button, since he was on this road as the story goes--congrats I think, (or a Homer strangling Bart) to whoever scored all the TREASURE this land held back in the 1980's cause they dug all the silvers:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Upvote 10

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Clear your head, and just know that you're going to dig silver, it will happen. I'd much rather dig an indian than a merc or silver rosie.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some interesting finds. The pocket knife looks like it has a wooden handle? Any brand name on that one? And I can't help but comment that I like the dog tag. I found my oldest one ever just a week ago - 1919! These older tags were made of copper or brass and give off a great signal! I've tried to find some local info here in VA as to when dog tags were first required, but have found nothing yet. Thanks for sharing!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are digging very cool relics (knife and dog tag)! Congratualtions!

Keep at it, there is silver waiting for you to find, probably hiding under some iron! :BangHead:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some nice finds! I'm sorry that you're not finding Silver, but enjoy the spot while it still has stuff to give. Chances are....there's still a Silver coin or 2 in the ground! :icon_sunny:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dog tag is cool and the button certainly proves the site age. Keep hitting it. Congrats!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Congrats!

They didn't get it all. Its there somewhere. Think out side the box. Go for the bushes that look like they have been there for ever, was there an old tree that came down long ago. Go up next to metal fence and work slow. You will come up with the silver!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey its always nice to find those old dog tags. Nice job.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep the faith. That silver coin is just waiting for you ...along with all of its brothers and sisters. You're just a swing or two away.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm telling you Rich. I set up my vegetable stand right there on the corner in 1966 and 1967 so that is where the silver will be located. Right in among all that trash. I stopped setting up and selling produce there because the farmer finally caught me sneaking into his fields at night securing my fresh produce for the following day. But I had a good run for 2 years....LOL

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks BEEZ, still think my 1970 LT-1 4 speed Vette would have left your Goat with tears in her eyes. we plan on scouting the woods at the end of your former home street, where you partied like it was 1969___you wild man :----). Frank dug foil wrappers for those latex thingys on the corner___EWWWW!!!

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see more than one find there that would be as satisfying to find as a silver coin............. But then I also get a lift out of an old marble in good shape. I guess it depends on what rings your bell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions