Day at the Beach

SoulDancer

Oct 13, 2007
Gurnee, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Seems the seagulls have beat me to the good stuff. Lots of shells on the beach.

Nothing old, as the only thing we had to dig was the penny and that was only in an inch of sand. The rest of the coins were spotted on top of the sand.

The flat piece is a chunk of iron and the blasted metal appears to be from offshore welding of some sort.

Oct152007.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SoulDancer

SoulDancer

Oct 13, 2007
Gurnee, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Very true, I had an itch to MD today, so I scratched it. Sure wish I would have came up with more than clad though.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I see some Clinks in the pic... , (that's what I use to call Quarters while playing poker, back in my younger days...) Clinks = more battery money...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you hunting near Waukegan? Whenever I hunt the beaches up there, I always come away with bunches of smooth, round pieces of metal. I have no idea of what these are, but I guess they may have something to do with all of the industry around the lakefront in the area.

OP
OP
SoulDancer

SoulDancer

Oct 13, 2007
Gurnee, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Yes, Waukegans swim beach over by the old main building for Johnson Motors.

Those funny metal balls you find today, used to be far more widely seen years ago. When I was small, I used to think they were fish poop. I was so gullible back then! ::)

It's raining here today, so not planning on going out. Going to sit here and watch everyone else's finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread