TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Fellow TNetters!
Well after a year and a half into enjoying this hobby and finding several silver pieces, I finally saw the yellow gleam we all hope pops out of each plug we pop open. 14k stamped gold LOVE ring with diamond chip. That made my day alone; but the day was not over yet. A few holes after popping a very mangled 45' Merc, I got a very jumpy signal. Thought it was some can slaw at first; but, then it was next to a very old looking oak. So glad I decided to dig. I cut my plug, flipped it open and staring back at me was my very first LC and my oldest find to date. 1822 Coronet Liberty Head! Wohoo! Thought I had myself my second LC moments later; but, false hope as it was just a Sacagawea. Bunch of clad kept the hits active.

Would gladly love any pointers to clean the LC without damaging it. Just used some water and an old soft toothbrush for now to make out the date. Pics below:

8-17-14a.jpg
8-17-14b.jpg
8-17-14c.jpg
8-17-14d.jpg

Thanks for looking and HAPPY HUNTING!

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off a big congrats on a great first. That LC looks like it may be in pretty good condition. I personally would put about an inch of peroxide in a mic safe container and put itin the microwave for about 18 seconds. You don't want it super hot. Take it out and put your coin in. Let sit for a couple minutes. Then take your coin out and take a qtip soaked in peroxide and roll it back and forth across the coins face. This will lift some of the dirt. You can repeat this until your happy. I often will use a very soft toothbrush eventually to remove the stubborn stuff on coins that don't have much value. Good luck

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow, I could a couple of firsts like that! congrats on it all!

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Ahab and DL. I'll might just give the peroxide a try...I had done the soak in olive oil bath for a non key IH I had found and didn't care too much for the results. Thanks again!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for the pics

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ahab and DL. I'll might just give the peroxide a try...I had done the soak in olive oil bath for a non key IH I had found and didn't care too much for the results. Thanks again!
Yeah I'm personally not a fan of the olive oil myself. If you do the peroxide it may look dry afterwards and you can put a tiny bit of Vaseline or Chapstick on it. Private message me if you have any questions

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions