Day Seven of Precious Metals Streak... Add In Some Gold!!!

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to the same park I've been working all week and I pulled this beauty. I was reading through my jewelry hunting tips thread I started over in general discussion and someone there made comment not to necessarily hunt around pavilions due to the decrease in confidence from thousands of trash targets. Someone else I was reading also said there is a reason Garrett put on the AT Pro gold going from VDI 40-75. So I thought, what the heck, I'll go into a spot I've gridded before and decrease my discrim to 30+. Well here was the reward. A 14K gold ring with an unknown stone. It rang up as a 43 and was 2" down. If my streak ended here, I would be content with this. Hopefully not though. I showed it to the wife and it fits perfectly in her ring finger and she absolutely loves it. Finally we can get rid of her cruddy wedding ring I.e. The Walmart special a 100$ silver ring with fake diamonds.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 23

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find. I too am curious about the stone. Really pretty ring no matter what it is. Congratulations to you and the Mrs.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your gold ring find with the ATP - it's a beauty - sure pays off at times to work trashy areas that you have been over before anyway thank your for sharing your pictures and story of your find with us & I wish you many more while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and your pro will become best buddies everyone hunts different find your own way Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on GOLD! :2barsgold: That is a pretty ring!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my wife hunts too.its funny but I upgraded my wedding ring with a sweet find.tried to give my wife one that fit her perfectly but she was determined to find one herself.She did it !!Now we both wear rings we found and the cheapies are in the ring box..well done !!

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring! My guess on the stone would also be Citrine. I go to a local jewelry store that checks my jewelry and stones for free, hope you have one as well. Keep swinging, you are in a groove.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring! I understand why the wife would lay claim to that one! Looked like a citrine at first, but when I blow up the bottom photo, it looks a lot like amber.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the beautiful ring recovery! :occasion14:

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Beautiful ring. Congrats. The ATP has some nice discrim features that allow you to really work the trashy areas- especially with the 5x8 coil.

OP
OP
H

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring. Congrats. The ATP has some nice discrim features that allow you to really work the trashy areas- especially with the 5x8 coil.

Yes it does. With four hours a day, I'm making 30-40$ In clad a week. Hopefully I get to get a 5x8 coil soon. Have to talk it over with the wife with both of us being unemployed and metal detecting putting food on the table... Or I could actually get hired and then get my coil. Hopefully I get the call soon. I need me that coil.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring congrats!

Trashy areas can be very rewarding if you have the patience and persistance to work them, and know your detector.

Nicely done! Great read too!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no expert, but the stone looks like a citrine. Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread