ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I decided to take a dive today. Same spot different entrance point. Got out neck deep turned on my detector and went down. Got about 5' further out and got a mid tone. Dug in the clay and got a high tone signal in my hand. Went through the clay and found a silver dime. Hmm, that isn't a mid tone. Put it in my finds bag. Went back over the hole and the mid tone was still there. Kept digging. Got it in my hand. YEA! slightly tarnished men's gold ring. Put it in my finds bag. No more signals. Went a bit further and got another mid tone. Dug for a while and got it. A sinker. Went to put it in my finds bag. Disaster. Nothing in the bag. Put the sinker in and searched for over an hour where I thought I had been. Absolutely no luck.

Well that is the bad news. The good news is since I am the only diver out here I will probably come across them again. FRUSTRATING though. Don't want to find the same targets twice.

Ended up with a wheat, a clad dime, quarter and nickel. And a brass ring.

I gave up after one dive. Losing gold and silver just doesn't sit well with me.

Maybe pictures of the lowly finds in a few. Cold and needing a shower to warm up.

Upvote 17

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man that sucks haha! At least you can go back and enjoy finding them again

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
We have a heading titled Today's Finds. Maybe we need one titled Today's Losses?

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it will be a good find for another day.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to hear that, i would be bummed too, at least you have a good chance of finding them again.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gold and silver finds are few and far between I bought a zippered wallet with a pocket inside just to be sure I don't lose my good finds. I know the water is a different animal. You could hire yourself to find it again LOL. I'm sure you will find many more I always love your posts some day I would love to scuba dive in the Keys Ill have a museum next to Mel Fisher I gotta find a Galleon first but just knowing of all the old wrecks out there would be enough to turn me into a {gold fish.} Thanks for the post.. Tommy

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! You're pretty impressive with your finds historically. Did you change find's pouches? By the way, what do you use for a find's pouch? I hope you find it again. However, if you hadn't lost it, you'd be on to the next one = lost opportunity.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, did you have a hole in your pouch?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That reminds me of one of my favorate shows the treasure of the sierra madre.. Well kinda !!!!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
No hole in my finds bag. See the bag on my right attached to the BC? That is what I use. I usually keep a sinker in it so the current doesn't take it away. I forgot to put one in. I THOUGHT the finds would keep it down. LOL Nope.

No worries. Easy come easy go. I might find it again after I hit the area for a lot longer. It is in tall weeds and should give a great signal being on top now. Bummed at first but won't be the first or probably the last thing I lose.

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn, I'd be so mad if that happened to me. I'm always paranoid that I'll drop something great after finding it. At least you know there's gold in that water.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Some items just want to be underwater. I have met fish that were welcome to stay in a basket that mysteriously evaporated. Once during a tournament with someone else's fish.
Took a dive once for a stringer in the weeds I dropped with some one else's prize. Remembered to toss my hat on the boat floor first but not my wallet. Graduated to coolers and livewells but like socks in a dryer.....poof! At least one is missing.

A cold skivvies dive under a bridge for a nut off my reel early one spring.

It's like a kind of magnet pulls and objects can not resist the pull.

Good luck recovering your recoveries. Maybe at least one was recovered by some one else once before becoming unrecovered?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Go to theringfinders website :) :laughing7:

LOL that will work!! I just have to hire a friend or someone that knows me? Too funny. I know a few folks in Michigan that are signed up with you. I have been thinking although I don't want to give folks competition. That was good! Thanks for the laugh

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that sure stinks! Some water hunters use carabiner hooks to keep their ring finds on. Hope you get lucky and find it again.

Steve

Last edited:

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now you know what the owner of the ring felt lol.
So being you were the last that lost it, your return to yourself will be easy.
Please post when you find them again.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always put a large sinker in my pouch - years ago I was in Fla. - I got hit by an unexpected wave and got flipped - everything in my pouch
was lost - there after I put a good piece of lead in bottom

No hole in my finds bag. See the bag on my right attached to the BC? That is what I use. I usually keep a sinker in it so the current doesn't take it away. I forgot to put one in. I THOUGHT the finds would keep it down. LOL Nope.

No worries. Easy come easy go. I might find it again after I hit the area for a lot longer. It is in tall weeds and should give a great signal being on top now. Bummed at first but won't be the first or probably the last thing I lose.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been lucky so far, I too put a good size piece of lead in my bag. I have a small zipper part that I put my rings in. I'm betting you will find it again if you keep hitting that area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread