Dayton, Ohio where to hunt?

D

Dad_of_3

Hello All!

I am new to th hobby, I live in WV near Maryland. I am going to be in the Dayton OH area for a week end of April. Since it is only a 6.5 hour drive I decided not to fly. (Plus if I drive I can bring my MD ::) )

I have never been to Dayton or OH to be honest. Does anyone know of a place to MDing while I am there? Of if anyone is interested in having a MD partner in the evening while I am there?

Anything would be great!

Joe (Dad_of_3)

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Hi! Welcome to the site!

I also live in WV, about 3+ hrs. from Dayton, but sorry, I can't help you since I haven't detected Ohio yet, even though it is right across the river. Try doing a search online. You should be able to get city maps of Dayton.

Good luck!...........HH

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Hello Dad! Man you take your locator with you and you will find a place to use it. I'd suggest the berms between the sidewalks and roadway in any older part of the town. That alone would keep you busy for the time you'd be there. Just keep your eyes open around town and you'll see many places to check. This will work in anyplace any town, at least it has for me when it come to coin shooting. Have fun.

G

garbage digger

When in doubt if you can't find a decent place to MD. There are always schools and usually parks near by. A quick google search as previously stated will always yield some potential spots.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah your in luck I used to live up there long ago there is a park called hydrobowl it a large park near mad rivertownship where they used to race thehigh powered race boats (hydro boats) at great speeds ----folks would come from all around to see them---- there is also fishing and other events have been held at the park--- next to it across the river is a smallish park quite old also near xenia,ohio
(nearby area) there is a park ---the hill is where the wright brothers tested some of the glider type designs before they built their plane ---lots of folks use inner tubes and sleds in the winter --locals use it quite a bit. I don't know ohio metal detecting laws ---hope you can ---good luck---Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread