Dayton privies

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Have you ever seen a stone lined privy with two huge thick slabs of limestone on top with an 8 inch square whole in it? What about a seven foot deep four foot diameter barrel privy? You never know what you'll find around here. Anybody know the value of an N.C.R. Co. ink bottle from Dayton? It's clear glass 8-sided, bimal and appears to have a ground lip. Thanks

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
MAN! nice to see someone elso on here from my kneck of the woods, I live in Dayton oh. also, was just going through here because I ran across a little bottle today while out metal detecting, you do any detecting?

Mike

poolboy

Mar 27, 2005
Man! its nice to see some fellow buckeyes on the forum! thought I was the only one!My name is Mike also from Spencerville!

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
hmm... where is spencerville? you get out and metal detect much or do you just bottle hunt? have been reading about everyone finding old bottles on here lately and has really got me interested... found a little green bottle out the other day while metal detecting

poolboy

Mar 27, 2005
Spencerville is A small canal town in northeastern Ohio. To date I have only found A couple of older bottles while MD both are old medicine bottles.I would like to learn more about the hobby!sorry Mike28 that it took so long to get back to you!!

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
yeah I am getting interested after finding a little green bottle the other day while out detecting.

All of us OHIO people on this forum need to get together with our detectors one day this summer, I know there are a few more from ohio on here

S

SASQUASH

If you don't mind going up Mich. away I have found lots of old dump sites right next to the Henry Ford estate.

wingman

Mar 17, 2004
johnstown,ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
sweet...some ohioan's!i'm up in johnstown(right outside columbus).looking for a liitle bottle info as while out trying to learn my ace250 i came upon an old dump with alot of colored glass ;D

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I fell asllep for a year or two and missed all these posts. If local Ohioans still want to get together and detect or bottle dig, let me know.

D

Diggerbryan

I live in Ashland,Ohio. I dig for bottles and metal detect, also do a little indian artifact hunting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread