Daytona Beach - What a beautiful day for detecting

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got there at 1:00 pm just before low tide and walked a dozen steps and "Bam", ;D dug a clad quarter. I walked up and down the surf line checking run outs and cuts and only found two pull tabs. Tried using the grid method and found a deep clad quarter that was green with corrosion. :) Saw at least a dozen other TH'ers, north of the Big Pier. It was a beautiful day, windy but warmer than other places in the USA. Hunted till 330 pm, arm was tired and knees were hurting. At least I didn't get skunked. 8)

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your day was warmer then mine. I was there yesterday from 12:45 pm till about 3:30 pm for a low tide of 2:50 pm. It was real windy and the high was about 68 degrees, I was fine but the wife was cold, her and her sister went with me. (no bikinis this time)

I found $1.30 in clad, but I also did find a 1961 silver quarter about 8-10 inches deep in one of the little tidal pools. I found it after someone else went through it with another detector.

Good hunting Author

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys did better than me. I spent part of the day playing Xbox and getting killed near 50 times. I'd have rather been out walking the sand in the lane.

HH,
Sandman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Digger,

I appreciate the link, I have family that lives in Tampa and in St Pete, so I just may head that way one weekend.

Nive avatar. ;)

Thanks and good hunting! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread