Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Excellent! So what area of Daytona were you hunting... and how far out? Inquiring minds, yadda yadda.
I haven't felt like venturing too far into the cold sea so far this year - no wet suit. But give it a few more months and I'll be searching for gold in the waves again.
See ya out there!
Ruth

OP
OP
G

gamiller

SaintSea said:
Excellent! So what area of Daytona were you hunting... and how far out? Inquiring minds, yadda yadda.
I haven't felt like venturing too far into the cold sea so far this year - no wet suit. But give it a few more months and I'll be searching for gold in the waves again.
See ya out there!
Ruth
I didn,t go past ankle deep. I was near about 200 yards just north of the Nautilus Inn.
I also did Sun splash park.
Found lots of clad.
The ring was found in the hard pack sand at low tide near the Inn, but in that area targets are few.
I really worked the area over.
A lot of people were there this week

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that more and more people are populating the beaches, but last month I walked Sun Splash up and down for an hour - early on a Sunday morning - and found next to nothing in the way of metal. Nice not to be picking up bottle caps and pop tops, but all the same - one of those days that you periodically check your detector to make sure it's on, ya know? Oh well - glad someone had some luck!
Ruth

OP
OP
G

gamiller

FloridaBill said:
Great job thats a neat looking ring.
I was able to id the ring as a ''razor''. It retails for 179.00. Google is just amazing

OP
OP
G

gamiller

SaintSea said:
I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that more and more people are populating the beaches, but last month I walked Sun Splash up and down for an hour - early on a Sunday morning - and found next to nothing in the way of metal. Nice not to be picking up bottle caps and pop tops, but all the same - one of those days that you periodically check your detector to make sure it's on, ya know? Oh well - glad someone had some luck!
Ruth
When I did sun splash yesterday I only found 3 dimes for an hours work, to me that indicated that someone had probably worked the area , but did not search it as tightly as I had.
At least thats what I assume when I only find dimes

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice ring congrats ,,, Guzz1

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ring, you got me beat, I haven't found any gold or silver at Daytona yet this year, my last find there was 2 silver rings Dec 30 of last year.

I have been to Daytona Beach twice the last two weekends. No exciting finds, just clad and and junk, BUT starting to see a lot of people in the water. :thumbsup: This past Saturday the beach was PACKED with people, groups of people in the water all up and down the beach, and I was able to get in with out my wet suit. Problem was I couldn't stay in due to the surf.

Surf was a little strange Saturday, it was breaking off shore with huge curls, and again real close to shore with smaller curls. It wasn't possible for me to stay in and hunt, no fun trying to detect with waves breaking over your shoulders trying to turn me upside down.

Oh lots of bikini eye candy too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice find. I Did Sunsplash today, it was cold and windy. Found 2.50

Tek

T

TreasurdiggrNY