Daytona gold and silver Sunday

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
Hit Daytona again today and had a good time.
Got Got 4 Wheaties 41, 44 and two ??
Got a 60 Rosie.
4 Mercs 27, 41,45,and a 3?
Two Washington Quarters 52 and62.
Also and I need a little help with this a 10k class ring from Notre Dame High School Class of 1965.
It would be cool to find the owner and I could use any help out there.
DR

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 639
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 621
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice finds. I looked Notre Dame Hight School up on Google and came up with several schools with that name. Is there a state on the ring, or some other markings?

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
D

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
No there is no State on the ring. it says "Fighting Irish" surrounded by two 4 leaf clovers with a three leaf clover just beneath that on one side and on the other side there is some sort of cross between two three leaf clovers and below that is two crossed swords a star above between the blades and on the left of the blades is says" VERITAS" and on the right side it says" VINCIT OMNIA"
Thanks for the help all.
DR

OP
OP
D

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
DANGLANGLEY, I just shot a look at the link you provide and it looks promising. I'll let you know what I find out.
Thanks,
DR

maggiemutt

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2007
There Is a Notre Dame High School Catholic School in Clarksburg West Virginia. Dont know if that would help you any!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice DR, sure wish I could have gone with you again on Sunday, but had things to do with the wife.

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
DR said:
It has "DRS inscribed in it.
Well, well, well - look who's on a gold streak! Seems to me like that the engraver just made a mistake on that high school ring ... must have meant to put an apostrophe between the "R" and the "S" because it wound up in your hand! Now where - exactly! - was that treasure hole you found???? Sounds like you could use a bit more help around there and I'm always on call to be assistance to a friend.... :)
Wish I could have been there with you, bud - instead I spent the weekend new car shopping and new car enjoying! Almost as much fun as digging in the sand!
Seriously, great finds, DR

Ruth

OP
OP
D

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
Nice DR, sure wish I could have gone with you again on Sunday, but had things to do with the wife.

TH, it just goes to show, being single has it's moments.
The yard still needs mowing, the house still needs cleaning and the ribs still need barbecuing.
But I got the Booty!
DR

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My yard still needs mowing, the house is always clean, the ribs were barbecued, AND

I get the booty too! ;) :D

S

sunnfox

hi, hubbie is big sports fan. he says the fighting Irish,and Notre Dame school is in Terra Haute, Indiana. This may help you find owner.

OP
OP
D

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
Here is a link for the Notre Dame High School, they have a member search by school year but you have to register to have full access to search.

http://alumni.myndhs.com/search/[/quote

Thanks all for the kind replies.
I checked out the above link and the school insignias matched the ring so I called them but got a message saying the office was closed, so I left them a message to call me.
I will update when and if I get some more info.
Thanks again all.
DR

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
That was a good day! WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread