de re metalica

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Yup that looks like one Kid Rock ! , I have been lugging that book around with me since I was 19 years old , and I'm an old fart now :D , if you want to think like ancient miners you need to use their bible , now it is out dated by modern mining practices' , it really does let one get into the thinking and ways of doing things way back when , it even discribes what types of plants are associated with different metals , assaying , smelting , I highly recommend it !
MB

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Yum Yum KidRock , looks like your on to something
M B

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
KiddRock , yup thats right they would mark the inside of the shaft , and you should be able to find some more on the surface
I have found when I am reading the book one needs to read it many times before it sinks in , and I'm pretty dense sometimes ;D
MB

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i just wanted to bring this book up to date its an awesome book i bought one before i saw this book online. it was written 1500's with illustrations. translated by president hoover. he was a treasure hunter. as was franklin roosevelt.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Folks,

Anybody who wants a copy of De Re Metallica can just go to my website and download it for free. I also have a ton of other books, Military Field Manuals, and Historical Maps. Just go to:

http://www.1oro1.com

Once you are there, just go to the References Section. When you are there, you will see the links to the different categories of Books and maps.

Oh, and by the way, some of those books I have are over 100MB in size. You should have a fast internet connection for downloading.

Enjoy-Mike

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Dang Mike , nice website ;) , I didn't know about it , else I would have put up your site !!
MB

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Folks,

I haven't publicized it much, because it's not nearly finished yet.

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread