Dead centre on my Kruzer's coil.

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
White's Treasure Master and a Makro Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, strange question maybe but where on the Makro Kruzer is the dead centre for detecting on the coil? By this I mean when I'm sweeping and I raise a target... the target is bounded within the perimeter of my coil right? My question is... where is the dead centre for the target... right now I'm assuming it's sort of where the 'X' is on the coil but I'm not sure because sometimes it seems that the target is really a bit to the left or right of where I think it should be... makes on occasion for a frustrating dig when I make a good plug and for some reason the target is off kilter... outside of the plug's area.
makro-kruzer-kr28-coil-2462-1-p.jpg

I'm hoping the picture comes through alright but if you look at it... there is an x like cross section in the middle of the coil... that is where I'm thinking my signal is centre'd... does that make sense?

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
double d coil pinpoint off the front edge or x it out , the deeper the better...

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no real "center" like with concentric coils. With DD Coils the target is in most cases under the line, where the transmitting and receiving windings overlap. But under the X you have slightly the most depth.

Double-D Search Coils

OP
OP
M

mikebourgeois

Jun 1, 2018
Victoria, BC
Detector(s) used
White's Treasure Master and a Makro Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks... I'll practice a bit with some coins and such and see if I can't get a bit more accurate.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From my air testing in the house with my somewhat "sick" new Kruzer I found the center to be very close to the little lines in the middle of the coil. Now I have not taken this detector out and will not because of some issues waiting to get resolved. But so far, those little lines are right about the center on this one.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine pinpoints dead center on those lines in front of the coil ears. Throw a coin on the ground and retune by releasing and then pressing the pinpoint button as you get closer to it. You can tune it back to where you'll only get a signal at dead center.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread