Dear Mr BGT...

PaulieNoNuggets

Dec 21, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've just been looking at the Bazooka website with a view to maybe picking one up for myself (would like to see what all the fuss is about), and I noticed the handy "compare" tool that you have on there. Problem is, I'd like to compare the 36" Sniper with the 36" Prospector, but I can't because they're on different pages. Just thought I'd make the suggestion that you expand the "compare" feature so that customers can evaluate between different models as well as different sizes.

So on that note, what's the difference between the 36" Sniper and Prospector? Can I expect an extra $60 worth of nuggets if I go with Prospector? That's a fair chunk o' beer money to be parting with so I'm swaying toward Sniper at this point. Either way though I'm pretty sure I need one :)

Thanks,
Paul

Upvote 0

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While I'm not Mr BGT I'll throw in my 2 cents. I had the same dialog in my head. I settled on the 30" prospector. Got out and gave it a bit of a workout Friday. Seemed to be a good size to shovel in to or pour buckets through. I felt the sniper was too narrow for the way I like to work.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every bazooka owner is mr. bgt amirite?

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Sniper series was designed to be most efficient when used in low/slow flow streams and creeks(hence the extra wide entry flair tapering toward the smaller fluid bed trap)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Sniper series was designed to be most efficient when used in low/slow flow streams and creeks(hence the extra wide entry flair tapering toward the smaller fluid bed trap)
whereas the prospector needs more water to run well but pretty much keeps up with your shoveling without breaking a sweat!

OP
OP
PaulieNoNuggets

PaulieNoNuggets

Dec 21, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aha! Now I get it. Thank you all for your input. Now you've pointed it out I can see the difference in the pictures on the Bazooka website.
With the impending drought I think I'll stick with the sniper for now. I can think of a number of places I'd like to dig where the water is too slow for my A51. Maybe the sniper will do the trick.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been using my 30" sniper in place of the ol' A52, and haven't looked back, low flow or otherwise. Great for hiking and clean outs and easy set up and ........grabbing all the gold you can stick in it!!! :)

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I look at the Bazooka the same way as the metal detector….You really need more than one.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm thinking the same thing - I'll be saving the pennies for a Prospector for the next wet season :)
youll get enough gold with the Sniper to easily pay for the Prospector. Much as I love my Prospector for its ability to handle volume, my Sniper has it's place in the arsenal too :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread