Dear sandman

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
hi sandman looking though a post that you replied to I noticed you have loads of metal detectors a couple of questions if you dont mind or have the time to answer.

when you say many more how many do you have in total
would you say that you have recouped the cost of these detectors with your finds
Is there any detector you wish you hadent purchased
which one do you use the most
does a better detector=babe magnet
The was a rumour going around that you are writing a book is it completed
and any tips for becoming a living legend please

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strike it Rich, I've had many detectors and the count now is up to about 17 I think. I don't buy them because I think it might be better than the one I am currently using, I just like to learn new detectors. I guess you could say I'm a geek by nature and love to tinker.

Most have paid for themselves. You have to remember that I don't have a life or a wife to stop me from doing what I love to do. I am slowing down now because of health, but still get out a few times a week. I don't travel the coast Hwy. searching for beaches anymore and am stuck inland and only dive freshwater now when I dive. No Spanish wrecks in the Great Lakes. When I started diving in Florida, treasure diving boats were just getting started.

The only detectors I don't care for are Bounty Hunters. The trouble isn't with the detectors operation as much as quality and customer service from them. I try not to respond to BH questions. Burn me a couple times and I can get hostile.

I am still working on the book. I tried to cover too many detectors operation and have been told to generalize it more. Since I like water hunting the most, I favor the Excal 1000 for wading and the 800 for diving. As for a babe magnet, having dollar bills sticking out of your hat helps.

I don't know about the living legend part. I try to learn from everyone else that I meet and read here on the forum and at clubs. I am always learning something new.

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice post Sandman ;)

Good luck with the book and all that you do ;)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
id like to read that book bud. ;) let us know when its finished. :)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
id like to read that book bud. ;) let us know when its finished. :)
LIKE WISE ILL BUY 2 8)

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great question there.

Sounds like a great start to your next book Sandman. Great story and may you get to hunt till you are a hundred.Have a good one Sandman.

DANGLANGLEY

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Sandman, Let us know how the book is coming and when it will be done. I would like a copy too.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Sandman,

Good answer guy. I especially like the "having dollar bills sticking out of your hat helps." LOL I'll PM you about the TS loop. Joe

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
could you be more specfic are those 1,5,10,100 dollar bills and how many

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman,

Put me down for one autographed copy of the book when it is published.

I look forward to reading it, since I got a late start in the hobby any and all hints are very valuable.

R

robert roy

Re: Dear sandman question

Tha is a good amount of detectors.
Tell me, what kid of employment have you been engaged in, or are you retired?
Its great if you can do what you LIKE to do.
There is a guy lecturing on the PBS channel about The Five Things You Need To Know Before You Die.
One of those things is finding out what you like to do.

Regards
Robert

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been semi retired for about ten years from GM. I've had quite a few part time jobs at sporting goods stores, mainly during the winter when I couldn't afford gas for the van to travel to the beaches on the coasts.

You have to manage you money wisely and not use credit cards. It helps to know how to dance so you can get invited to gals homes for a meal on a real plate an you make sure you wash the dishes so your invited back. The down side to this is you need to look like your listening to her yak.............LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread