Decent looking 49-D nickel

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the most exciting post in the world, but I'm in a groove with posting pictures of finds lately, and this was the most novel thing I found today. I got skunked on two boxes of halves AND on two boxes of dimes. Then opened a box of nickels. I haven't gone through them yet, but I opened them and dumped all the rolls into an ice cream pail. While dumping I found a 43-P war nickel, a nice 37 buffalo, and this.

49dO.jpg 49dR.jpg

It isn't "full steps", but it is the nicest pre-1950 nickel I've ever found in a roll. The bottom of the reverse photo isn't in great focus, but you can see some nice detail in the top. I think this is a legit mint coin, it doesn't look polished/cleaned... does it?

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a nice looking earlier date Jefferson nickel. It doesn't look cleaned to me from what I can tell. I found a nice looking '40 Jefferson w/steps a few days ago myself which was kinda a rare find for me too. Well its sounds like u got a nice box of nickels which I'm sure is nice to find after your 2 half and 2 dime box skunks.

I've been posting a lot of my finds lately too so I know what u mean. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of the box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread