OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will have to look back into the Beale papers. I do not remember ever hearing Beale refer to the vaults as treasurer.
I found Mr Cole's

View attachment 1463490 View attachment 1463491 View attachment 1463492

If in this strange event that the ciphers page one is in fact #3 this gentleman seems to have been the only one so far to suggest this. I'm I correct in this assignment?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have recently seen a list of letters from New Orleans from the newspaper that has Thomas Beale's name on it with two letters to his name. Everyone new Cap Thomas Beale the register of Wills and his son. There would seem to be more Beale's in New Orleans than the eye beholds. Above Thomas's name there was Cap John Beale also with a letter awaiting him in 1818.
There is ZERO evidence that either Thomas Beale Sr or Jr are the Thomas J Beale character of the Beale Papers, except for the use of the name due to a duel with Ward's grandfather.

PS: New Orleans is NEVER mentioned in the Beale Papers.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There is absolutely ZERO evidence that Innis ever saw an iron box. Remember, she was an author for profit, and had she seen the iron box and its contents, especially given her background, she would have documented said box and contents realizing just how important that actual evidence was, and yet she didn't. Why? Because it never existed and she never saw it. PERIOD! ...
That is a major point, beginning with the original Beale Papers story- the alleged items on which their written works are based have never been seen by anyone except for the author, and that list includes the Harts, Pauline Innis, and Claudine Fulton Ellis.
All these pieces of alleged "Evidence" all disappear after their books are published.
According to the Beale Papers, James Beverly Ward NEVER saw the letters, Iron box, ciphers but was only presented a finished manuscript that described these items in which the entire Beale perilous adventure treasure tale was based.

As codebreaker William Friedman stated, that the Beale Papers are "diabolical ingenuity, specifically designed to lure the unwary reader", and all the books written on the Beale tale with alleged "evidence" fit Friedman's summation.

The real question that remains, was Ward the "diabolical" designer of the story, or the first "unwary reader"?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a major point, beginning with the original Beale Papers story- the alleged items on which their written works are based have never been seen by anyone except for the author, and that list includes the Harts, Pauline Innis, and Claudine Fulton Ellis.
All these pieces of alleged "Evidence" all disappear after their books are published.
According to the Beale Papers, James Beverly Ward NEVER saw the letters, Iron box, ciphers but was only presented a finished manuscript that described these items in which the entire Beale perilous adventure treasure tale was based.

As codebreaker William Friedman stated, that the Beale Papers are "diabolical ingenuity, specifically designed to lure the unwary reader", and all the books written on the Beale tale with alleged "evidence" fit Friedman's summation.

The real question that remains, was Ward the "diabolical" designer of the story, or the first "unwary reader"?

"Every treasure legend has it's authors for profit".....same with Beale, folks looking to capitalize on that same human nature that brought us those various legends in the first place. It's all "he-said-she-said"..and..."creative speculation by design"...each new writing bearing its designed hooks, its various points of proposed mystery, and its "suggested possible connections." But at the end of the day it's all still the same old "bait & hook" with absolutely no documented connections or provenance at all. This is what good creative writers do, they hook their readers and try to maximize sales by whatever means necessary. And, even today, it still works, as even in these forums there are those busy at work hoping to do the same thing by exactly the same means.

AND, speaking of those future books, these forums are the absolute worst place to show your hand and intentions because the folks in these forums will expose all of the flaws before the first book is ever printed. In today's world potential readers will review these forums first before they ever buy these typically high dollar, short run, books just for the reasons outlined above. So, if I was ever going to write on this subject then I would remain completely invisible until after those books started to sale. Exposing all of the flaws in these forums beforehand, (or anywhere else), is certain death before you ever print the first page of that book. Same for all manner of media.

Last edited:
OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is ZERO evidence that either Thomas Beale Sr or Jr are the Thomas J Beale character of the Beale Papers, except for the use of the name due to a duel with Ward's grandfather.

PS: New Orleans is NEVER mentioned in the Beale Papers.

Not at all Mr ECS, I was just giving you some information about a newspaper article I had found about some Thomas Beale that was not Jr or Sr from New Orleans.for all knew were they lived and there would not be a problem getting mail to them in 1818 eh chap?

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Every treasure legend has it's authors for profit".....same with Beale, folks looking to capitalize on that same human nature that brought us those various legends in the first place. It's all "he-said-she-said"..and..."creative speculation by design"...each new writing bearing its designed hooks, its various points of proposed mystery, and its "suggested possible connections." But at the end of the day it's all still the same old "bait & hook" with absolutely no documented connections or provenance at all. This is what good creative writers do, they hook their readers and try to maximize sales by whatever means necessary. And, even today, it still works, as even in these forums there are those busy at work hoping to do the same thing by exactly the same means.

I would suggest if you can not keep with the topic on this thread at least keep the negativity to a minimum!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What negativity? Do you also consider Bigscoop's post to be a source of negativity?
...or is this just a personal thing with your crying wolf?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest if you can not keep with the topic on this thread at least keep the negativity to a minimum!
:laughing7:...it's not negativity, just facts, topic related and relevant topic history, and also even some hard and valuable learned lessons. Don't take offense to it, resist getting so defensive, but rather step back and explore it, maybe learn something valuable and useful from it. :icon_thumright:

PS: It's not negativity when it's accurate.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:...it's not negativity, just facts, topic related and relevant topic history, and also even some hard and valuable learned lessons. Don't take offense to it, resist getting so defensive, but rather step back and explore it, maybe learn something valuable and useful from it. :icon_thumright:

PS: It's not negativity when it's accurate.

I would consider it spam for your threads, but you have had some bad experiences with the Beale Papers and it has seemed to leave you with a certain amount of unbelievably in everything you post. Just because we believe in working with the papers or decipherments of papers should not give you the right to hijack this thread. BUG OFF! Go argue with someone who gets a joy out of it some other thread chap! This thread subject is deciphered pages and the people that make the claim.:hello:

Have a good day:angel3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would consider it spam for your threads, but you have had some bad experiences with the Beale Papers and it has seemed to leave you with a certain amount of unbelievably in everything you post. Just because we believe in working with the papers or decipherments of papers should not give you the right to hijack this thread. BUG OFF! Go argue with someone who gets a joy out of it some other thread chap! This thread subject is deciphered pages and the people that make the claim.:hello:

Have a good day:angel3:

:laughing7:...everything I've posted has been thread and topic related, which is the point you need to bear in mind whenever you make unestablished claims or present unproven proposals or start discussions in these forums and others, objective and contrary points of view is exactly, "what you're opening yourself up to." Bad experiences? Not really, "very educational experiences" is more accurate.

"This thread subject is deciphered pages and the people that make the claim." So asking yet again, "How many do want and what subject matter would you like me to build into and/or around them?" Just me, alone, I've created hundreds over the years, all of them complete BS and completely fabricated and manufactured around a wide range of subjects. That's just one "vocal" guy, many others like me out there. :laughing7:

Clearly, if you don't want to subject yourself to these contrary viewpoints then simply avoid placing yourself in those positions, which is sort of my point. :wink:

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears what we fail to realize, Bigscoop, is that only posts that agree with M Poe are accepted on this thread, meaning no dialog that is contrary to his views is welcome.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If in this strange event that the ciphers page one is in fact #3 this gentleman seems to have been the only one so far to suggest this. I'm I correct in this assignment?

Do you agree or disagree with this post?

What you guys are posting has nothing to do with this, do you agree or disagree?

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears what we fail to realize, Bigscoop, is that only posts that agree with M Poe are accepted on this thread, meaning no dialog that is contrary to his views is welcome.

Do you think it is interesting that the ciphers Mr Cole has deciphered starts with page 3? I know of no other that does this!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below are two randomly generated ciphers, I have numbered them 1 & 3. Now then, can anyone tell me what they say, or if they say anything at all? Perhaps I have numbered them in the wrong order? Perhaps they ar both just continuations of another cipher already decoded, such as C2?

This is what folks are missing with the proposed Beale ciphers, the fact that hopefuls are working with “complete unknowns” which allows them to work on any avenue they want, such as the examples above, which have all been done in the past with the Beale ciphers, and more. So no, I'm not surprised at all that some started with 3, or any other order or arrangement they can surmise.

Cipher #1
13, 234, 1121, 454, 19, 56, 67, 83, 112, 32, 931, 411, 13, 26, 77, 84, 16, 200, 99, 92, 33.

Cipher #3
1, 44, 8, 11, 46, 22, 30, 15, 20, 2, 10, 2000, 11, 17, 29, 34, 40.

OP
OP
masterpoe

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below are two randomly generated ciphers, I have numbered them 1 & 3. Now then, can anyone tell me what they say, or if they say anything at all? Perhaps I have numbered them in the wrong order? Perhaps they ar both just continuations of another cipher already decoded, such as C2?

This is what folks are missing with the proposed Beale ciphers, the fact that hopefuls are working with “complete unknowns” which allows them to work on any avenue they want, such as the examples above, which have all been done in the past with the Beale ciphers, and more. So no, I'm not surprised at all that some started with 3, or any other order or arrangement they can surmise.

Cipher #1
13, 234, 1121, 454, 19, 56, 67, 83, 112, 32, 931, 411, 13, 26, 77, 84, 16, 200, 99, 92, 33.

Cipher #3

“Optimist only sees doughnut. Pessimist sees hole.”

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Cipher #1

Cipher #3
WASTE of time... BUT! It's YOUR time...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you think it is interesting that the ciphers Mr Cole has deciphered starts with page 3? I know of no other that does this!
The alleged "unknown author" stated that created that order based upon size of the ciphers., so it really doesn't matter which cipher one decides to work with first.
...and we don't know if Mr Cole could see the donut, or if the "unknown author" only presented the holes.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Optimist only sees doughnut. Pessimist sees hole.”

EXACTLY! One sees and accepts whatever is put in front of him, can't wait to bite into it. The other is more cautious and observant and sees what is missing. Fantastic observation! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread