Deep seeking help

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Discrimination On any detector is just about maxed out at 8 or so inches. It is not reliable below that. The mineralization in soil throughs it way off below that. Just a thought. Frank five star.png

OP
OP
J

jim7

Oct 24, 2014
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Still learning. What about the jeohunter? Is that one any good at discriminating deeper than 4 feet?

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
just read the write up on that jeohunter and that thing looks awesome for anyone who can afford it. I'm lucky to have a 600$ AT PRO. I don't know anything about it but I say go for it jim and let us know how you do. And if you come down to Virginia with it lemme know, I'd like to see it in action.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim are you hunting a good tip on a cache, or just getting random signals and wondering if its a cache ? If you are chasing a known cache, I would be putting the shovel to the ground on the deep hit signals. If you are just out getting deep hit signals, it could be anything in the ground from old car hubcaps to metal pipes.

OP
OP
J

jim7

Oct 24, 2014
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I've been getting random hits don't have any solid history for them other than ground looks undeveloped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread