Deepseeker discriminator vlf/tr

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have this one lying around, but never learned how to use it. Now that I have a manual, I can give it a go. garrett ads2.jpg

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any metal detector can find gold. It is the size of it that matters or makes the machine.
My groundhog,running at 15khz,can find gold as small as 1/8th size split shot(.8 gram) for fishing. Air test at 3-4 inches.But,when I put it in the ground,with some mineralization, I cant find it at 1 inch.
Now I have to go up to about 3 pieces of split shot,which weighs 2.4 grams in order to get my groundhog to hit at a couple inches. This is with the stock 7.5 inch coil.
If yours is like elgato,it is 5.5 khz,which is a deepseeker for coins and relics,jewelry. And gold,but just the size will be need to be bigger for your nugget.
Now my Goldmaster,running at 50khz,will find a lot smaller gold. And it has a manual ground balance like my groundhog,and your machine.
Mine can find gold as small as a grain of rice.Or smaller maybe.But again,if the ground is mineralized,my depth goes to crap. And the size of my gold has to be bigger to hear it.
Hope this helps.
But yes,yours can find nuggets,it does have an all metal mode.It does have a discriminate mode.Does have ground balance.
Also go here,and download the 1977 catalog,and the 1978 catalog and see which one has your information,then copy and paste just the info on use,then delete.
Same with you elagotodedonte if you want.
Garrett Info

Last edited:

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I cannot seem to find my model number to figure out which model in the 1980 catalog is mine. Does anyone know where Garrett hid the model numbers? I remember at one time, I opened it up and replaced a transistor and also added a headphone volume control.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They all contain the same info usually. Your controls on your ads,even though it is not a grounhog,yours and mine share ther same controls,and do the same thing,and make the same sounds,and are tuned the same way.
The only difference that I know of is the khz.
Yours is called the deep-seeker because it will go deeper in the ground than my 15khz. Yours runs at 5.5 khz.
Maybe the coils are different sometimes,but every thing else they are basically the same.
I believe my serial or model number is the one on the black and silver sticker on the bottom of the main control box,under or buy the pole.
Garrett will tell ya I would think.
I need to call them tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread