Deer and Flicker

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
When I first spotted these deer, the little fawn was nursing. The doe was pretty nervous about me stopping the pickup, so I took a few snapshots and left them alone.
Don't think the fawn is more than a day or so old. It was kind of wobbly following it's mother.

The Flicker was taken here at home. It's always around, and loves to hammer on the old tree, but is skittish, and hardly ever allows me get close enough for a picture.

Attachments

• DFONE.JPG
    DFONE.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DFTWO.JPG
    DFTWO.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DFTWOO1.JPG
    DFTWOO1.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 65
  • FLONE.JPG
    FLONE.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 62
  • FLTWO.JPG
    FLTWO.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 68

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are beautiful birds, aren't they? Who doesn't love a Bambi shot? That fawn is definitely young. I got a weird deer shot today. A tail down, butt shot showing the doe's milkers:laughing7:.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's so much to see going on this time of year in the outdoors. I think I'll just head out with the dogs right now before it gets too hot? Hopefully I'll see something to capture and share?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
There's so much to see going on this time of year in the outdoors. I think I'll just head out with the dogs right now before it gets too hot? Hopefully I'll see something to capture and share?

I went down to the Meadows to mow this morning on the way in is a swampy area where Blue Herons feed,dang if one didn't have a big Bull Frog in it's mouth,by the time my camera booted up...GONE..crap:tongue3:..maybe tomorrow.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went down to the Meadows to mow this morning on the way in is a swampy area where Blue Herons feed,dang if one didn't have a big Bull Frog in it's mouth,by the time my camera booted up...GONE..crap:tongue3:..maybe tomorrow.
Did you holler at the frog "DON'T GIVE UP" ??

Attachments

• never give up.jpg
    never give up.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread