Deer in SINNAMAHONING,PA. C. C. C .Camp S86

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:,Hello everybody !!! Thought someone might like looking at this real photo postcard(RPPC)i have in my Sinnamahoning/Renovo,PA. postcards...i will post more if any body would like to see them...I got alot,well not alot(12)of the Erie,PA. Flood of 1915(RPPC's)if anyone would like to see those(one real rare one!)anyway thanks for looking&listening,HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!

Attachments

• Picture 529.jpg
    Picture 529.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 414

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Re: Deer in SINNAMAHONING,PA.

Three deer, eh. That's more deer then in the whole county now.

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lumbercamp said:
Three deer, eh. That's more deer then in the whole county now.
Really !??!,i have not been at camp(jericho)in yrs.whats up w/the deer?...and there is about 5-6deer in pic,at left looks black there is another group of deer.hoe are the Elk? saw plenty 7-8yrs.ago... :icon_thumright:

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006

It's old news really. The forest industry wants the deer killed so the game commission obliges by having regular season, extended seasons, a season for this and a season for that, plus bonus tags. Along with the bear and coyote eating the fawns, there are very few deer left. A forestry employer told a friend of mine that coyote are not detrimental to fawns. Bull. A couple days ago I was talking to someone who hunts on 4 sq. mile of leased land owned by a large lumber corp. They were told to shoot at least 25-30 doe this year. Impossible. I hunt on land surrounding this property and I only saw 6 doe in 2 weeks of hunting last year. I can't tell how many times I've gone hiking in the winter and see more coyote tracks then deer tracks in the snow.

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lumbercamp said:
It's old news really. The forest industry wants the deer killed so the game commission obliges by having regular season, extended seasons, a season for this and a season for that, plus bonus tags. Along with the bear and coyote eating the fawns, there are very few deer left. A forestry employer told a friend of mine that coyote are not detrimental to fawns. Bull. A couple days ago I was talking to someone who hunts on 4 sq. mile of leased land owned by a large lumber corp. They were told to shoot at least 25-30 doe this year. Impossible. I hunt on land surrounding this property and I only saw 6 doe in 2 weeks of hunting last year. I can't tell how many times I've gone hiking in the winter and see more coyote tracks then deer tracks in the snow.
Sounds like some 222 swift action is needed ! Varmit-Kong,Thanks for info. :thumbsup:

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.

It's old news really. The forest industry wants the deer killed
====================================================
I agree, but don't forget the insurance companies are said to be involved due to the
high number of deer getting hit by cars, which costs them money. I hunted the
Weedville-Benezette area for years & the pickings have gotten leaner & leaner. I know
hunters that for over 20 years send in for doe licenses only to throw them away. This
way they buy that county's quota up so less doe will be killed. But the hunters have to
stop playing into the hands of the Game Commisssion, we don't need to take as many
deer as they allow us just to say I took X amount of deer last year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread