JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an ace 250 as well and I heae the super high frenquency tone as well. Normal electronic noise I assume?

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
I doubt it . Better call Garrett and ask the tech's there . It not normal to me at least to hear any electronic noise from something powered by 4 one and a half volt battery's . Maybe a high powered device but not a detector . But I'm not totally sure and I'm not claiming to be a electronic expert . Maybe another more knowledgeable member can weigh in on this or one of you should ask the experts at Garrett . IMHO , Woodstock
I have an ace 250 as well and I heae the super high frenquency tone as well. Normal electronic noise I assume?

Centar

Aug 4, 2013
Newfoundland Canada
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Teknetics Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More than likely it's just a loose coil ringing, remember the old TVs used to do this too (the flyback coil, 17 kHz if you could hear that high, most under 40 yrs of age can)
It doesn't make any difference to the operation but may be bothersome to you....VLF MD's these days operate well within the audible range of frequencies.
Mine operates at 7.8 KHz, a frequency anyone could hear....

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I've had my 250 for 4 years and it does it too. I find coins, gold, silver & trash. I think it means nothing, but if you find out different let us know. I think it's fine though. :o)
HH
Lance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread