defunct park near lackawanna state park ??

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about the one that was near Nay Aug? Or the one near Lake Ariel?

You are in my old stomping grounds - but those are the only two I can think of - where NayAug used to have their rides, and the old spot by Lake Ariel, but that one isn't too close to Lackawanna State Park. There was an old park that they put underwater when they enlarged Lackawanna State Park - are you talking about that one?

Beth

OP
OP
huricanesrul

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the one at lake areil is a field ...nayaug is still nayaug. there use to be one right neat the state park or is in the state park. just dont know exactly were just know its old and has been hit hard..and might still have a few goodies.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid in Pa - it was a park (at Lake Ariel).

Nay Aug is NOT still Nay Aug.

Back in the day, Nay Aug park was bigger, had rides, and the zoo, and more land. Then, one year - they filed bankrupcy or something, sold the animals, shut down the rides and that was that. Then, back a few years ago - someone decided to take what was left of Nay Aug, and return it to - at least a PART of its former self. They are NOT as big as they used to be - in fact, some was sold off.

At Lackawanna State park, they flooded an extra part of it - they bought up some land - don't know how old you are, but there used to be a park, a bar (called Palumbos - both my father-in-law and my uncle used to play music there, and several of my friends had their wedding receptions there, in the 60's and early 70's). Anyway - they bought all that land, park and all, and filled it up with water - the bar, the park, and several houses and barns went under the
"new and improved" Lackawanna State Park.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread