martyvem

Greenie
Jan 24, 2023
Ocean View, De
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was finally able to clean up some of the coins I found at an old farm in Delaware. I found it a little unusual because several of the coins were Canadian with dates in the 1950’s - 1960’s. I also found 5 wheat Pennies, 3 from 1940, 1 from 1941 & 1 from 1921. Also found several other coins but they were newer. This is a picture of the Canadian and wheat Penny’s!

Attachments

• 5D969DEE-1531-48B0-BB7A-5F41670FAB27.jpeg
    5D969DEE-1531-48B0-BB7A-5F41670FAB27.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • F9BCBBC6-B894-49AA-84AC-8606362C39E1.jpeg
    F9BCBBC6-B894-49AA-84AC-8606362C39E1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep checking that area because if it's an old farm, chances are you'll find some of the older stuff. Good luck.

OP
OP
martyvem

martyvem

Greenie
Jan 24, 2023
Ocean View, De
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was finally able to clean up some of the coins I found at an old farm in Delaware. I found it a little unusual because several of the coins were Canadian with dates in the 1950’s - 1960’s. I also found 5 wheat Pennies, 3 from 1940, 1 from 1941 & 1 from 1921. Also found several other coins but they were newer. This is a picture of the Canadian and wheat Penny’s!
Just a question, why don’t people on here identify where they are located, what area of the country or state? I keep reading posts and see some interesting finds, but can’t even tell if they are in the United States!
I’m in Delaware and always looking for interesting places to metal detect. In Delaware, there aren’t many places where detecting is allowed except the beach areas and private property with permission. I have found lots of coins on the beach, many are badly worn and hard to identify & a few rings and other items, but nothing really old! I know there is a lot of history buried in the ground, and I’m interested in finding some old coins before all the land becomes residential probably with all the new construction around! Any ideas?
Thanks
Marty

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah it does get frustrating. Most of the time if somebody doesn't even say what state he/she lives in, I won't comment on their post. I completely understand why some folks are really protective about their digging areas to keep others away but it would be nice to see what part of the country folks are finding their goodies.

OP
OP
martyvem

martyvem

Greenie
Jan 24, 2023
Ocean View, De
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it does get frustrating. Most of the time if somebody doesn't even say what state he/she lives in, I won't comment on their post. I completely understand why some folks are really protective about their digging areas to keep others away but it would be nice to see what part of the country folks are finding their goodies.
It’s hard for me to believe people are that protective of their digging areas!
I find it interesting meeting others with the same interests, just would be nice knowing what part of the country and state would be nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread