Delaware Valley GPAA?

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
they disbanded in june (i think), i was talking with Jeff when i was at contrary creek in virginia 2 weeks ago. he told me, he couldnt get anyone to help with the meetings and outings, so they had a last meeting and raffled off the club equipment

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff Lieb took on a role with the GPAA itself. His contact info is listed here (under Pennsylvania): https://www.goldprospectors.org/Community/AboutGPAAChapters
As a long-time member of the DVGPAA it was disappointing that the club shut down, but the club played a valuable role in my prospecting "career" and I appreciate everything I learned through it and the great people that were part of it.

Brett the truth is that it's tough to have a gold club without much gold nearby, and PA, NJ and Delaware (the locations of most DVGPAA members) doesn't offer much opportunity to find much gold "in the wild." Those of us active in the club found ourselves going up to NH or down to VA/NC multiple times a year. That didn't leave much time for "local" digs in PA.
- Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread