DeLeon a senior detector?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vern do not go run off an buy a Vaquero no need you have some good detectors don't let anyone else sway you!

I dont think Vern is replacing his Deleon, he just wants a taste of something lighter, deeper, and no display that you end up staring at instead of digging!

I hunt with guys, we both hit targets, while they are staring at their displays and performing a rain dance, I've already dug mine up and moved on.

Compare bags at the end of the day.........
:occasion14:

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then there is the whole, "more diggin' less swingin'" theory.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve, you kind of hit it on the nail head. I feel like since I love my DeLeon so much, I would like to try one of Tesoro other highly successful beep detectors.
Perhaps the compadre, like Stoofs suggested, would make me happy. All I would need, just maybe.

I can see me carrying the compadre in my vehicle 24/7, always ready for the all of a sudden hunt.
Light, simple, reliable, ready set go.
Yep, bound to happen shortly.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well doggonedignit, your wife can buy a really great pair of shoes, or many shoes, for the price of a new Compadre. Doggoneit, some women just have to get even with their men. Just plain mean. (this is a ha ha; well maybe?)

Actually, I am trying to talk my son into buying my hunting buddy, his 7 year old son, a Compadre. From what I have read, it's very light, easy to use, and can be shortened to fit a child. With a small coil, the Compadre just might do be perfect for him. He has a birthday coming up May 24th, so just maybe.
However, I have to admit my motives are suspect, as I sure would like to get my hands on one.

Also if he is very small, you can buy a Tesoro divers pole which is even shorter than the normal lower pole if needed

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang it, fellas, you're getting me all antsy. Here in Oregon, we have a lot of areas of highly mineralized soils. Would the DeLeon be a good choice here?

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deleon and maybe an after market smaller then Tesoro 7" widescan coil along with the stock 11x8 RSD coil.....maybe:dontknow:

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, Vern, my enabling friend, I just ordered a DeLeon this morning.

Bill, good for you. Hope it performs as magnificent in your soil as mine does in my soil.
Good luck.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Vern, my enabling friend, I just ordered a DeLeon this morning.

I haven't used it in very mineralized soil, because mine is on the milder side. But I have heard some say it performs well in bad soil.
I don't use mine for all hunting types but I hope to learn it more for more widespread use.
It's a coin shooter for me and by far my best.
But Vern seems to do well in all types of hunting with his.
Mines not as deep as stock, probably, but I do have it paired with my fabled Troy super 7 coil. It's a great detector that need more of my time, I I need more of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread