Delete old "my posts" and "my threads"

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do I delete old "my posts" and "my threads" in my account, please"

Is the search box the only way to look up a member, or do I have to wait until they are online and find them in the list on the left?

I made someone my "buddy", yet they don't show up under "my friends", aren't they the same thing?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Why ? If you're leaving just leave. They will fade away.. Otherwise you can click on your own name and a menu pops up. Choose recent threads and recent posts and manually delete each one. Might kill most of the morning.. Or ask a mod to just make it all disappear. I have to ask though.. When people decide to leave why do they feel the need to delete every single thing they ever posted ? Some of it might be useful to others unless you're just pissed at the world and want to electronically flip us all off on the way out the door ? Serious question.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is the search box the only way to look up a member, or do I have to wait until they are online and find them in the list on the left?

I made someone my "buddy", yet they don't show up under "my friends", aren't they the same thing?

I don't think you cannot delete "my threads" if another member has already replied to it. You can delete your posts manually, but it will not delete posts made by you that others have "quoted" in their posts, such as me quoting you in this one. I would imagine you're just trying to get rid of some posts/threads and not trying to delete your entire account, since you mentioned your friends list, correct? Also, did you request the "buddy" or did you accept the 'buddy" when you say you made someone your "buddy"? I have seen names on my buddy list on the forum "home" page that were not friends. I requested them as friends but they have never accepted. The mods could tell you want you want to know.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe you can select "ignore member" for yourself?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you can select "ignore member" for yourself?

You have to ask mods to delete threads and we do not like to wholesale delete threads.

Did you send a friend request and they accepted, they must accept to appear. If they did accept they will appear on your profile under friends.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, I don't want to leave!!! You guys aren't getting rid of me that easy...lol. I could see that posts were starting to pile up and I wanted to empty it (like our emails). As you can tell, I'm not very forum savvy.
So is that what they do (our posts) they fade away after awhile? They must, or you long time members would have a billion of them.
Thanks again for the help.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, I don't want to leave!!! You guys aren't getting rid of me that easy...lol. I could see that posts were starting to pile up and I wanted to empty it (like our emails). As you can tell, I'm not very forum savvy.
So is that what they do (our posts) they fade away after awhile? They must, or you long time members would have a billion of them.
Thanks again for the help.

Are you talking about posts or PMs?.. Your posts stay forever, your private messages (PMs) can be deleted by you....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks treasure_hunter, I did mean "posts and threads". I'll just leave them where they are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread