ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: Brainwave reader

Mike(Mont) said:
I saw an article about reading the brainwaves of suspected terrorists. One device flashed a subliminal message or photo (like Osama) on an airport flight schedule board then watched the reaction of the suspect. Another had sensors in the carpet that analyzed their footstep pattern. They claim that unconscious clues can be detected and already have two of these systems in operation.

I read about a telepathy experiment where several people were wired to an EEG and waited for a telepathic message sent by a person in a nearby room. Two out of the twelve people got the message while the others got nothing. However, when they analyzed the EEG they found that all of the group had the same brainwave pattern at the exact time the message was sent. In other words, the ones who claimed thay got nothing actually had blocked it out of their consciousness but it was in their subconscious. The problem here is the cost of such a system is prohibitive for the average dowser.

Now the new brainwave video game controllers are about to hit the market. One device only adds $15 to the price of the system. Others have more sensors cost more. The question is will such a device be able to detect the dowsing response that almost all people filter out? I plan to find out. I'm on the waiting list to get one from Emotiv. It has about 16 sensors but only four of them are for unconscious activity. It also comes with a software generator kit, so it's only a matter of carrying your laptop and watching the screen for the various reactions if it will detect dowsing response. ETA is sometime in 2009. Can such a device turn a skeptic into a dowser? Probably not, but miracles do happen. It might be that with training they can learn to shut down their conscious brain activity.

Care to tell us where you got this information from?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds feasible. Considering the militarys continued interest, and the advances being made with prosthetics.

Emotiv I think he said. (GOOGLE) :wink:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh PLEASE NO NO NO!

I'm still having a tough time with my car telling me what to do, and that female voice telling me where to turn. Just can't get away from the back seat drivers no matter what you do.

On a serious note, that'd be pretty cool. Might be better able to tap into the parts of our various conciousnesses we don't really use. Wonder how much of our unused brain capacity could be accessed?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

boogeyman said:
Oh PLEASE NO NO NO!

I'm still having a tough time with my car telling me what to do, and that female voice telling me where to turn. Just can't get away from the back seat drivers no matter what you do.

On a serious note, that'd be pretty cool. Might be better able to tap into the parts of our various conciousnesses we don't really use. Wonder how much of our unused brain capacity could be accessed?
I was watching a tv program the other night that I found interesting. It reported that the old story about humans only using 10% of their brain capacity was actually incorrect. Turns out that each part of our brain is responsible for a finite number of activities, so the whole brain is actually in use, but usually not all at once. The motor skills area of the brain can't be used for solving a math problem, and vice versa, and that may be where the story originated. Just something I saw.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hmmm.. would've liked to see that program. A couple of programs I've seen were going with we don't really know exactly hwat and how much the brain really does. One very well versed brain surgeon in Newport Beach Calif. when I asked told me that just about everytime they think they have it pretty well figured out somebody learns something they didn't know. I truley believe we don't use everything we know.
Maybe too simplistic, but for example a dog that has never had to hunt for food or been around dogs that have will grab a ball and shake it as a wild dog does to snap the spine of his prey. We all could have the ability to dowse. Could be through time by not using dowsing skills they are suppressed by the brain due to lack of use.

My feeling is everyone can dowse, some of us just have a harder time opening up that part of or brain.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

boogeyman said:
Hmmm.. would've liked to see that program. A couple of programs I've seen were going with we don't really know exactly hwat and how much the brain really does. One very well versed brain surgeon in Newport Beach Calif. when I asked told me that just about everytime they think they have it pretty well figured out somebody learns something they didn't know. I truley believe we don't use everything we know.
Maybe too simplistic, but for example a dog that has never had to hunt for food or been around dogs that have will grab a ball and shake it as a wild dog does to snap the spine of his prey. We all could have the ability to dowse. Could be through time by not using dowsing skills they are suppressed by the brain due to lack of use.

My feeling is everyone can dowse, some of us just have a harder time opening up that part of or brain.
No, that's a good analogy. One thing, though, is that the knowledge to shake that ball (prey) is ingrained in the dog's memory, so that would mean that dowsing would also have to be ingrained in the human memory in order for it to be already present, but just waiting to be accessed. I just don't see how this would be possible. It's not a survival instinct, or a parenting instinct, etc, anything that would have been passed down from our ancestors. I believe that it's somethng that can be learned, but I'm not referring to dowsing itself.

I believe that dowsing is nothing more than using clues available through our basic senses, then unconsincely employing the ideomotor response to cause the rods to act on these clues. This does take practice, but more to find and decipher the clues in the area one is searching.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Dell Winders said:
The last scientific documentary about brain wave studies I saw about two months ago stated they had established that humans are psychic on a sub-conscious level.

In my opinion, learning to Dowse, is merely a method of to learning communicate with your sub-conscious and receive information that the sub-conscious part of the mind has access to.

Your brain, is a biological computer that serves access to information similar to the mechanical computer in front of you. Like the computer in front of you, better programming provides better results. Put in wrong information, and you get errors.

If you are not obtaining the desired results, you need to change your programming. Are you listening, af? Dell

As I've said before, Dell, I read each of your posts in its entirely, even if you don't afford me the same respect.

If I don;t get the desired results, I should change my programming? Let's apply that thought to you, Dell, shall we?

Your desired results: me not to post here any longer.

Your programming? None that I can see, though I have given you the programming that would make just that happen.

Conclusion? You don't really want me to leave. And it's understandable. I mean, how boring are conversations where everyone agrees with everyone else? All of you just standing around nodding your heads. You need an antagonist to spice things up in here.

And, please note that I'm not sitting here correcting everyone on grammar and spelling. I'm correcting incorrect bits and pieces of the ideas that people bring to this particular table. Is there a reason for this? Sure! I mean, I'm sure Mike sits around all day and thinks of new ways to dowse, or whatever it is that he talks about most of the time. But, half the time it turns out that his long and nearly incomprehensible posts have been based on something that he read that was completely incorrect.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Dell Winders said:
Af, this is not my forum. It matters not if I stay, or leave. This forum gets along fine without my presence

It's rather mis-guided for you to flatter your self of your importance here. Dell
And yet you continue to post? If it doesn't matter whether either of us are here, then why post at all? Let's apply that to all of the members here. It really doesn't matter if we post, so why post? Another of your thoughts that dropped from your mouth half-baked, Dell.

We post because that's what the forum is here for Dell. Without members, there would be no forum. I certainly hope not everyone here has your mindset.

And if you assume I was flattering myself, then go right ahead. You assume everything else about me, why stop now?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread