Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went in and edited my post on Minelab Bluetooth headphones for sale and removed my email.
I asked Butch of Pa to do the same and he said it wouldn't let him edit it out.
I like the old way where you could PM the person without making everything public.
I went through my email getting 20 to 30 Junk emails every day about 7 years ago and I had to cancel everything and go with Google and get a new email address.
When will this go back to be able to PM buyers? instead of conversations that are public.
Just because 1 or 2 people ruined it for thousands of others.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conversations are not public, they are between you and whom ever you sent it to, they are still PM, just called conversations on new software.

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the conversation with butch and gave him my email and it showed up in my add Minelab Bluetooth Headphones for sale
Are you telling me that everyone looking at that post is not seeing my email address?
Any way I thought I gave him my email address in a conversation and that it showed up in my forsal item. I might be mistaken. Not sure .
Anyway, I would like my email removed from that sale. I had edited it out but Buch replied to it and It cant be removed by him or me.
Please remove it.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the conversation with butch and gave him my email and it showed up in my add Minelab Bluetooth Headphones for sale
Are you telling me that everyone looking at that post is not seeing my email address?
You posted email address in the sale thread you started on the headphones so it is visible to all, if you started a conversation between you and Butch and posted it on conversation then it would only be visible to the two of you.

Conversations are independent of the threads, the only way it appears in thread is to post it there.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw it, but it was posted in the thread. The "conversations" mentioned are a separate thing, not part of the thread. If you're on a computer, look in the upper right, there's a little icon that looks like an envelope. That's the "conversations" that are like private messages. You start a conversation with a person, and only you and that person can read those messages. Here's a screenshot of what I see in my browser. The "conversations" icon is right between my username and the little bell with the red tag on it (notifications). Clicking the envelope icon will give you the option to start a private conversation with someone.

Screenshot of Safari (9-1-23, 11-17-25 AM).png

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm wondering if the box on the bottom was ✔️. Allowing anyone 🤔
Screenshot_20230901_122659_Chrome.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering if the box on the bottom was ✔️. Allowing anyone 🤔
View attachment 2102753
the "allow anyone" box if checked allows anyone who received the message to add others to the conversation chain, by default, it is not checked. Under the new format, sender can add members to a conversation.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the "allow anyone" box if checked allows anyone who received the message to add others to the conversation chain, by default, it is not checked. Under the new format, sender can add members to a conversation.
Okay 👍
Thought it made it a public type thing.
Thanks for your explanation.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay 👍
Thought it made it a public type thing.
Thanks for your explanation.
No, it would still be private, only visible to those that are in the "conversation" chain.

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I was in the conversation and I was on my post-Minelab Bluetooth Headphones for sale.
I posted my email for Butch to see.
Later I went and edited out my email address and noticed Butch had replied to it and my email address was on there again.
I emailed Butch and asked him to edit it out and he said it wouldn"t let him.
All I want is my email address removed from that post.
I thought that post was no longer open for replies but it let me and Butch to post.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I was in the conversation and I was on my post-Minelab Bluetooth Headphones for sale.
I posted my email for Butch to see.
Later I went and edited out my email address and noticed Butch had replied to it and my email address was on there again.
I emailed Butch and asked him to edit it out and he said it wouldn"t let him.
All I want is my email address removed from that post.
I thought that post was no longer open for replies but it let me and Butch to post.
I removed your email address, the reason Butch couldn't edit address was because he was quoting you, members can't edit quotes made by other members.

Also members can mark a sale thread sold, but they can't close a thread, only admins and mods can.

I will lock the thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread