Delft Spodes Tower seems to sell

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Delft Spode's Tower seems to sell

Using my current technique of visiting thrift stores and photographing items, then going home and researching, I happened across 8 'cream soup' bowls with 6 saucers. The pattern seems to have the enviable combination of "rare and highly desired".

In my ignorance I don't even know completely how to describe the pattern properly . . . but here goes: From company Spode of town Copeland England, pattern "Spode's Tower" in color "Delft".

Ok, most of the labels may be wrong, but if you use the keywords: Delft, Spode, Copeland, Tower" in ebay's Completed Listings, you'll see a whole lot of green. By "green" I mean every auction ends in a sale. Not only that, but Replacements.com is out of virtually everything and they're hinting about buying.

If you know of any other so highly desired patterns, post them so we can all keep an eye out! Here's a Spode's Tower saucer:

Attachments

• SaucerTopTN.jpg
    SaucerTopTN.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 447
OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Re: Delft Spode's Tower seems to sell

What Happened? I was directing ppl to ebay auctions because of an anomaly. All of the auctions have disappeared, and the "buy it now" stores are flooded with items from $30-$150. Also, this thread is #1 if you search Google for "delft spode's tower".

Yes,this thread the one you're reading, with only me replying to myself. Whats up with that?

edit:
Oh yea, search Replacements.com now . . . It seems as if the pattern disappeared from the site.

gods country girl

May 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Delft Spode's Tower seems to sell

Indiana Harvest - milk glass - . all pieces in this pattern sell well , cereal bowls is the rarest item in this pattern .sold 8 for $400.00

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread