Delta 4000 numeric ID.. i dont get it..

Leopard11

Jan 30, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetic Delta 4000 and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok did some test on coins I own and know the most compositions. Silver eagle 1toz coin .999 silver = 99 most of the time. 1887 Morgan dollar 95-97. Fake 39mm 1876 s trade dollar(appears to have been brazed or plated silver as it has rubbed away and has a copperish color underneath)comes up 99 every single time(thats one I dont understand I would think it would come up as 91 or something not 99). A 39mm military base comm coin .999 copper = 91 most of the time. A 37mm fake 1875 s trade dollar of unknown composition = 79(that makes sense). A 1948 canadian nickel which is .999 nickel, jumps all over the place. I get anything from 48-76 foil,alum, zinc. That one I really dont understand why so jumpy its pure nickel, I would think the darn thing would be fixated on one ID number because of the composition. BTW the 2 fake trades are weights of 26.5g one the first and 25.6 on the 2nd I know they are fake and I would think the ID would be jumpy on those.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I found the Delta 4000 to be pure junk with a VDI that was never solid or accurate.

badmojoman

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which mode were you in? All metal A, All metal B or Discrimination? Did you use Disc or notch out anything? As with any other machine with a display, don't use it as gospel. If it makes the same tone in discrimination when you swing both ways..dig.
I got one at Christmas and though I haven't used it more than 5 or 6 times, Ive found lots of stuff.
Craig in Iowa

OP
OP
L

Leopard11

Jan 30, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetic Delta 4000 and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well It does not really matter what mode im in all give same results in regards to the coin testing I did. The biggist problem I have with the all metal modes is they are not constant signals(like pinpoint is) so I have no idea how large the target is if im getting until I hit pinpoint and waaaaaaahhhhnnn yep its another beer can. Kinda wish it had all metal all on sig then atleast I could hunt by ear avoiding large radius junk sigs. Like you said got a solid sig yesterday going both ways 85-87 was sure a clad quarter at the least and it was a peice of alum. So far ive bought 2 md being a N00b and the best thing ive found so far.. a 1963 dime sitting in the tray of a coinstar machine. Owell I guess that is why they call them metal detectors and not treasure detectors or at the least trash eliminators. Maybe one of the DD coils might get some better results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread