Delta 4000 vs Eurotek Pro

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cbiskit welcome to Tnet
I see you started a couple of threads on machines...i see you r in Va.
I know for the Cull Pepper Va. hunts the soil there is very "Testy" high in minerals.
How is your soil? you may need a machine that you can Ground Balance.
The machines you ask about you can`t manually GB.
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cbiskit31

Jan 1, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is pretty mineralized. Could you recommend a machine with ground balance in the say 300 dollar range?

treasuretech

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Teknetics Gamma 6000 can be ground balanced. A used one, with the DD coil, should go for around $300, plus or minus. A Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro can also be ground balanced. You can find those new for $300 to $400.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And, of course, I would recommend the Land Ranger Pro which is the same process as a Eurotek Pro with auto or manual Ground Balance, 11" DD coil and a great All Metal mode that IDs. Can be had at most places online for under $300. $449 list.

land-ranger-pro-faceplate.jpg

I don't know of any other new detector with ground balance under $300.

Otherwise, yes, a good used Gamma 6000 which BH sells as a Platinum. The Platinum CAN be had for $299 new, but only offers auto Ground Grab, no manual GB.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And, of course, I would recommend the Land Ranger Pro which is the same process as a Eurotek Pro with auto or manual Ground Balance, 11" DD coil and a great All Metal mode that IDs. Can be had at most places online for under $300. $449 list.

View attachment 1259775

I don't know of any other new detector with ground balance under $300.

Otherwise, yes, a good used Gamma 6000 which BH sells as a Platinum. The Platinum CAN be had for $299 new, but only offers auto Ground Grab, no manual GB.

Dude, I believe you love that LRP almost as much as I love my Delta. I'm not quite sure yet which one of us is more obnoxious about it though. It looks pretty close to me at this point. :)

But seriously, the ground balannce on the LRP is a really good feature for the price range. I've read so many of your posts I'm thinking about getting one. Although I also really want a higher end Teknetics; possibly a the T2 Classic or the Omega. So many great machines to choose from and so few dollars in my cash flow these days.....

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude, I believe you love that LRP almost as much as I love my Delta. I'm not quite sure yet which one of us is more obnoxious about it though. It looks pretty close to me at this point. :)

But seriously, the ground balannce on the LRP is a really good feature for the price range. I've read so many of your posts I'm thinking about getting one. Although I also really want a higher end Teknetics; possibly a the T2 Classic or the Omega. So many great machines to choose from and so few dollars in my cash flow these days.....

lol........

I stay up with, and concentrate on all detectors in the sub $500 range. I've had the low ends from all manufacturers (except the TEK Greeks). Once over $500, I have no interest.

As I said above, NO detector under $300 new has auto/manual GB except the LRP. I just see a sleeper snuck in by FTPs Jorge Saad and Yang Yi. They took the Eurotek Pro, added many features to it, and made it a BH top of the line. Lots of people love the ETP, but put a BH name on it, and they see something different. Tek and BHs are becoming the same in many ways. The BH QDP is the Tek Digitek, with a few modifications. So when someone starts talking ETP, for a little more the LRP is a better deal. Dave J admitted a month ago that the only difference between the ETP, LRP, QDP, F22, F44, and low end Greeks was features. They are all the same process (Greek/Fratbros) of detecting. The only drawback is BHs plug in coil. But now that I have the converter, I can use all Greek coils and new F series coils.

Like my avatar says, low cost but effective.

The T2 classic is now sub $500, and I would rank it highest in bang for the buck under $500. Same if you can find a new Omega 8000.

Last edited:

treasuretech

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the Bounty Hunter Platinum basically the same as the Teknetics Gamma 6000, except for the coil cable connector?

John

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Isn't the Bounty Hunter Platinum basically the same as the Teknetics Gamma 6000, except for the coil cable connector?

John

The only differences is that the Gamma has FeO meter (upper right hand corner), manual ground balance (in addition to Ground Grab) and a screw on coil connector.

Ground Grab only goes as low as 40. Making it difficult to balance to most high salt soils. Manual ground balance can take you to 1 or zero, if need be.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol........

I stay up with, and concentrate on all detectors in the sub $500 range. I've had the low ends from all manufacturers (except the TEK Greeks). Once over $500, I have no interest.

As I said above, NO detector under $300 new has auto/manual GB except the LRP. I just see a sleeper snuck in by FTPs Jorge Saad and Yang Yi. They took the Eurotek Pro, added many features to it, and made it a BH top of the line. Lots of people love the ETP, but put a BH name on it, and they see something different. Tek and BHs are becoming the same in many ways. The BH QDP is the Tek Digitek, with a few modifications. So when someone starts talking ETP, for a little more the LRP is a better deal. Dave J admitted a month ago that the only difference between the ETP, LRP, QDP, F22, F44, and low end Greeks was features. They are all the same process (Greek/Fratbros) of detecting. The only drawback is BHs plug in coil. But now that I have the converter, I can use all Greek coils and new F series coils.

Like my avatar says, low cost but effective.

The T2 classic is now sub $500, and I would rank it highest in bang for the buck under $500. Same if you can find a new Omega 8000.

I hear you. As you probably know, I started off with a Tracker IV I got for 30 bucks. I now own 4 detectors, 2 BH's, one Radio Shack land Star clone; which is also a BH and the Tek Delta. I like 'em all. You'll never hear me criticizing the BH brand.

I'm also seriously considering an LRP at some point. As you said, for the money you can't beat it. I can't see where it's lacking in any way, including depth from what I've heard.

My one and ONLY complaint regarding my BH machines was the lack of depth. I went back over spots with the Delta that I had "hunted out" with the BH units and literally found HUNDREDS of targets that none of the BH units saw.

That being said, the Delta is designed to hunt deep whereas the my BH machines are not. Although, at one spot I hunt that is sand on top of red clay, all of my BH machines hit pretty deep for whatever reason. I dug a silver Rosie at around 9" with my BH 202 and that really surprised me.

Overall, they're all good and they're all designed to do different things in different ways. Had it not been for my first Bounty Hunter machine coming my way when and how it did, I probably wouldn't have pursued this hobby the way I have. For that, I am grateful. I think I'll probably stick with FTP as I go on. I can't think of any reason not to.

Also, I've been able to get a few kids involved in this hobby. That may end up being a lifelong thing for any of them. You know how it is, once they find something really cool they're hooked; just like us.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol........

I stay up with, and concentrate on all detectors in the sub $500 range.

I have a grand total of 330 bucks in all four of my detectors. I got each one of them used at really low prices. My Land Star clone cost me 25 bucks and that was a steal. It's old but it works perfectly and makes a great backup. The only brand new equipment I've bought for this hobby so far have been my XPointer and a few diggers.

When I do shell out the cash for a new one I'm leaning really hard toward that T2 Classic; maybe by spring. It looks like quite a bit of machine for the new lower price.

I had a deal lined up not long ago for a T2 SE for 475.00 but then I saw the re release of the T2 Classic under 500 bucks. If I can get the new one for almost the same price I think that'll be a better way to go in the long run. You never know what may happen when you're out in the woods.
I'm aware that the SE is better with the upgraded software but from what I have read, it's not THAT much better for the extra money.

Also, although I don't see the T2 SE come along used very often, I'm sure in another year or two they'll begin to show up at great prices. I have no qualms about buying any BH or Teknetics machines used as long as they're functioning properly when they come my way. They're very well made and in my experience so far they seem to take quite a beating and still work flawlessly. None of mine have ever really let me down. I had some issues with the BH 202 but it was a simple fix.

I've seen a few Delta's for around 150-175 bucks on Craigslist. I'd spend that all day long for that unit. Plus, you can almost always negotiate the price down a little if you show up with cash. That's been my experience so far anyway.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your 3 BHs are a different process than the Delta (Greek/Fratbros) which are deeper and have filters to handle land minerals better.

With the exception of the 505, BH Legacy series get 8" max, and have issues with salty ground.

The BH Pro series excel beyond any Legacy BHs due to the change to the Fratbros process found on the Tek Greek series detectors, as well as the new Fisher F11,22 and 44.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your 3 BHs are a different process than the Delta (Greek/Fratbros) which are deeper and have filters to handle land minerals better.

With the exception of the 505, BH Legacy series get 8" max, and have issues with salty ground.

The BH Pro series excel beyond any Legacy BHs due to the change to the Fratbros process found on the Tek Greek series detectors, as well as the new Fisher F11,22 and 44.

Yup. That's why I don't use my BH machines anymore. They're strictly for backup and kids.

Coinhunter17

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2016
Rushville in
Detector(s) used
Technetics 4000. Garrett ace 250. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found tons of good silver coins up to 10 in deep with the delta 4000 that machine made me fall in love with detecting and I'm not saying it will never have gb issues but I never had any problems with it I ran just that machine for two years and was out non stop with it so it got alot of hours in ....great machine for the price ....just this week ordered a at pro

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found tons of good silver coins up to 10 in deep with the delta 4000 that machine made me fall in love with detecting and I'm not saying it will never have gb issues but I never had any problems with it I ran just that machine for two years and was out non stop with it so it got alot of hours in ....great machine for the price ....just this week ordered a at pro

It's a good one all right. The thing really amazed me. It did way better than what I expected.

That AT Pro should be pretty good too. I love the fact that it's fully submersible.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Most of the US has moderate soil and really doesn't have to have GB. Indiana is mild soil, so is mine. Ga red clay has a lot of iron and benefits from GB. Maryland is mild as well. The worst is the Oregon/Washington coast.

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200,Deteknix Huntmate pinpointer,Fiskars big grip knife,BH pinpointer,Ace "Little Pal" shovel and a homemade shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought a Teknetics Delta 4000 that the seller said has only been used twice for $159.95 w/free shipping off Ebay.Seller said he needed the money & needed it quick is why he priced it at $160.I'm really just getting into the hobby,last year I bought a used BH Discovery 2200 off Ebay for less than $100,I've had good success with it but it only has an air test with a Quarter at about 6",when I get my Delta I'm going to go back over some places I went with the 2200 and see what I missed.I didn't know if I was going to like the hobby or not but that 2200 never lets me down on finding clad and a few silvers,it has kept me interested.Chomping at the bit on getting my Delta.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just bought a Teknetics Delta 4000 that the seller said has only been used twice for $159.95 w/free shipping off Ebay.Seller said he needed the money & needed it quick is why he priced it at $160.I'm really just getting into the hobby,last year I bought a used BH Discovery 2200 off Ebay for less than $100,I've had good success with it but it only has an air test with a Quarter at about 6",when I get my Delta I'm going to go back over some places I went with the 2200 and see what I missed.I didn't know if I was going to like the hobby or not but that 2200 never lets me down on finding clad and a few silvers,it has kept me interested.Chomping at the bit on getting my Delta.

You're gonna love the Delta. Looks like you got a really good deal on it too. I paid 175.00 for mine used. It was in perfect condition though. I don't think it was every truly "used" until I got my hands on it.

I also did exactly what you're planning to do. I went over pretty much all of my spots and dug SO much stuff I had completely missed with my BH machines.
I was immediately hunting at a whole new level. At one spot I was digging up clad coins every few feet. I couldn't believe it at the time but now I expect it.

What amazed me was that many of them were really deep, on their sides, etc. The Delta sniffed out every one. It will find the TINIEST targets you've ever seen. It also KILLS the rings. I can't believe the pile of rings I have now thanks to the Delta.

Lemme' know how you like it once you get a chance to swing it for a while. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

dugndeep

Mar 19, 2015
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200,Deteknix Huntmate pinpointer,Fiskars big grip knife,BH pinpointer,Ace "Little Pal" shovel and a homemade shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it today and put the battery in it and it works,relief there but,2" of snow and right now I think the wind chill is 1 degree above zero.Mine has the push in then you have to screw the lock ring on coil wire,is this the old or new model?What's the difference.Whole new ballgame,have to swing it a while to figure out all the signals it's sending.
Going to go back to a ball park where I found a silver dime with the Discovery and hopefully find some more silver that I missed.

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The collar says it's a screw on coil (latest type). Plug in coils plug in without the lock collar, like Bounty Hunters and early F5's, Alpha's and Delta's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread