Delta 4k or Euro Pro

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you were new to this and lived in an area of all desert with a few creeks and you wanted to look for relics, ancient coins, gold on a limited budget, is the Delta 4k/Euro Pro a good choice? Which is better? Never used these, or is there a MD for the same price that is better. What would scooby do?

Thanks!
Ledz

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Delta is a better choice of the two, because it has an all metal mode and gives a segment ability including notching. Both perform pretty much the same as they are both Frat Bros detectors.

In the same price range, the Fisher F22 may have an advantage with it's Iron Audio/Fe addition. Again a Frat Bros detector. Being new to detecting, the preprogrammed mode choices will make it easier to understand how to program the custom mode for your style of hunting.

Advantage.....F22.

Moving up to the F44 gives you ground balance, which may or may not be that crucial in your soil.

I forgot, the ETP has Iron Audio as well as a VBreak (adjusting the point where the low tone ends). But the F22 is still a better choice, as you can program each segment for the sound you want. It's basically an improvement on the older ETP and Delta.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Add the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro into the mix. I'd make sure I got one with the stock DD coil, it goes deeper then the stock concentric. Watch videos on all three and spend some time reviewing their features. The BH Land Ranger Pro can be ground balanced, the 2 you mentioned run a preset GB from the factory I believe.

OP
OP
Ledster

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Phantasman sounds like you know your machines..Local-dig don't know much about bounty hunters. I appreciate guys the info it helps. Just starting at this and clueless...and there's so much info about these machines out there. It seems every MD and brand have a different effect on different users that there's so many opinions from people which makes it very hard to choose. Especially if your like me, haven't seen one yet in person, never heard a beep.:laughing9: what can I say..gotta ways to go. Thanks though..

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Phantasman sounds like you know your machines..Local-dig don't know much about bounty hunters. I appreciate guys the info it helps. Just starting at this and clueless...and there's so much info about these machines out there. It seems every MD and brand have a different effect on different users that there's so many opinions from people which makes it very hard to choose. Especially if your like me, haven't seen one yet in person, never heard a beep.:laughing9: what can I say..gotta ways to go. Thanks though..

There are plenty of videos online that review metal detectors. Watch them, listen to the sound the detector makes and review their features. I am a big fan of the 9" x 11" DD coil. I often use the Kellyco website to review specs. I think you can review 3 at a time.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yep. They all beep. Some deeper, some with better options, some built stronger, some faster, etc. etc.

But most can find metal 8"-9", and do so without spending a fortune. I have spent my time in detecting with units that cost $500 and less. Over $500 can be assessed by others. And everyone has their favorites. But they are pretty much all about the same.

My Land Ranger Pro does everything I want (and more) for the $250 I spent. And I keep up with my friends that spent 2 to 3 times more than I did. (AT Pro and XTerra 705).

It comes down to what makes you happy.

Teknetics are better than Bounty Hunter for relics. But for Coins and Jewelry, the BH Pros keep up with Teknetics and Fisher.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ledster

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heard a lot of annoying beeps from a few machines, why can't they make these things with choices in sounds like ringtones on your phone..
Have you ever heard of a Bounty Hunter Gold Pro or Teknectics teasuretek elite? R these any good?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Treasuretek is Cabela's Delta. Both made by FTP, just different looks. BH gold is a Tek Alpha. You can do better. The numeric ID is available on the Quick Draw Pro for under $200 and comes with a 10" elliptical coil (better than the standard 8" on the Gold and Delta, IMO).

OP
OP
Ledster

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well then I think I'll stick to the Delta for a first. Probably be back if I have any problem with settings, ground balancing etc.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep an eye on Amazon because I bought my etp about a month ago with the 11" coil new for $239.00 shipped,normally $299.00
The iron audio is worth it alone. The 11" DD coil sells for $179.00 and all the Greek coils work on it.
It's hard to beat in iron in this price range,probably can't be.
Also you can save you settings on shutdown.

OP
OP
Ledster

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doing a homer DOH! right now, I bid on a BH last week not knowing much about this one and doing a fast reaction in auctions, something I do out of addiction, causing my high bid to end on it. So I'm the proud owner of a BHG detector. Think I'll learn on it and get the swing of things, then resell it. By the looks of this one I'll grow out of it fast. 8-)

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Gold/Alpha is as simple as it comes. Turn it on, hit menu and hit the plus key once if you are coin/jewelry hunting, hit menu twice and plus again to up the sensitivity to 5 and start swinging (leave volume at default 9). You'll need to X your targets since is has no pinpoint function. A running depth meter shows probable depth in real time. Usually not very accurate.

The segments give an idea of what the detector thinks the target is and how deep it is. The three tone sounds are:

Low for Iron (and if it's disc-ed out you won't hear it)

Medium for the next 4 segments which is also the range gold is detected.

High for the next 3 segments which is the silver range.

Good luck.

If you have further questions, start them in the Bounty Hunter forum. You'll get a faster response.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Delta is a fantastic detector for the money. Everyone here has heard me say so many times.

That being said, as the others have pointed out, that LRP is lots of machine for the money too. Plus, you'll get the DD coil and manual ground balance with it. You won't go wrong with either one. The Eurotek pro is also a good machine. Personally I would choose the Delta over the ETek if it was between the two.

The bottom line is what type of hunting you intend to do and what is the best fit for you. I personally LOVE the Delta and have found many great treasures with mine but I've also reached the point where I feel I need to upgrade. I'll never part with the Delta but I just sealed a deal on an Omega 8000 and hope to be swinging it by early next week.

All of the Teknetics machines are great machines that offer different features. They'll all locate treasure (and TRASH). The LRP will give you a few more options and an 11" DD coil for better separation and depth. Ultimately they're all created by the same people and you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Whatever you choose, get the one that feels right for you and your hunting style. You can always upgrade in the future as you get deeper into the hobby. I can surely attest to that as can many others here.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread