Democrat Voters Confused: “I Didn’t Realize I Would Be The One Who Was Going to Pay F

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well all I can say is, If ya hungry, I'll cook a meal and feed ya!
If you want someone to hold your hand while you pee and poop and wonder how you gonna get your next meal......
Well god luck with that!
WTF ever happened to ppl providing for themselves?When my folks and me grew up, if you didn't work, kill, or grow it yourself, you went hungry!
Shocker ain't it! That only those that gather, grow, or kill they're food......... eat!
HELLO!

Not trying to turn this discussion in a religious direction, but I remember reading writings from this one old guy who lived back in the first century AD, and his comments about working and eating:

For you yourselves know how you should imitate us, because we did not behave in a disorderly way among you, nor did we eat anyone’s food free. On the contrary, by labor and toil we were working night and day so as not to impose an expensive burden on any one of you. Not that we do not have authority, but we wanted to offer ourselves as an example for you to imitate. In fact, when we were with you, we used to give you this order: “If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat.” For we hear that some are walking disorderly among you, not working at all, but meddling with what does not concern them. To such people we give the order and exhortation in the Lord Jesus Christ that they should work quietly and eat food they themselves earn.

... and he never ever heard of Ronald Reagan, Rush Limbaugh, or Glen Beck!!!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The economy is doing better everyday. The stock market has had an incredible year. Yet you paint a bleak picture. ( cue the abandoned house stories).

AS I've said before, Presidents have very little to do with economies. Though they get blamed for bad ones and credited with good ones. The real problem i have with your post is that you, like most Xrighters are betting against an economic recovery. You don't want it because it makes a president you despise look good.

Still, bottom line is, people make good and bad economies, not presidents.

yesterday was the single biggest shopping day in history of recorded shopping days. Personally, i think that is a good thing.

You must be able to grow some great vegetables in your garden if you spew that stuff at home too.

Apparently you aren't working in retail. Where I work, we have a retail furniture/appliance/electronics store. Sales down for the 5th consecutive year. Down each time not from the company's peak year, but each from the year before.

The furniture industry is really hurting. The can't force replacement of home furnishings yet.

Electronics are ok, only slight drop as most people already have the new TVs from the days of Bush W. ... which are wearing out on their 5 year schedule. I remember the old CRT televisions could last for 20 years, if you get 5 out of a Plasma or LCD without requiring repairs, you're doing better than average.

Appliances, similarly, are only slightly off from last year ... but should pick up soon. You know, the computers for those appliances have a set lifespan. Any that were purchased since Zero became president must have computerized controls. When you use a computer, you can set maximum duty cycles - what that means is simple. Even if all the mechanics of a washing machine are still in good working order, the computer can make the appliance unuseable and raise the repair cost so high that replacement is actually cheaper.

Lawyers - or lawmakers to be specific - are the cause. Just like the increases in all other avenues of life, like healthcare, they are the reason for the increases. They are destroying society while pretending to be the guardians of it.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Chad, we are talking about two different things. You are talking about a local economy and i am talking about the economy on a national level.

As for the stock market - prices are based on earnings. Earnings are the same thing as profit. The stock market goes the same direction as earnings. If earnings go up, so does the market. if they go down so goes the market. generally, the market is a predictor. There are times, ( like now for example) that the market can move a little too far too fast in one direction as investors jump on or off the band wagon. The point is this - generally things are good enough to support higher earnings which is what is driving the market up.

There are other factors that can influence the market and will. Any economic news has a big impact. Interest rates, inflation jobless claims wholesale prices etc etc etc. As well, political news affects the market on a national and global level. These events can drive the market up or down. Many times the the news doesn't even have to be bad to drive a market down. even a whiff of perception that something bad is coming is enough to drive investors out of the water. Those types of events create opportunities for investors.

That the market is up right now tells us investors are confident in the future. These are not stupid people. They are people willing to put real money on their take on the economy.

All is good right now. Does that mean all is good in your local neighborhood? Not necessarily.

You comments on the appliance and electronics industry are interesting.

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must be able to grow some great vegetables in your garden if you spew that stuff at home too.

Apparently you aren't working in retail. Where I work, we have a retail furniture/appliance/electronics store. Sales down for the 5th consecutive year. Down each time not from the company's peak year, but each from the year before.

The furniture industry is really hurting. The can't force replacement of home furnishings yet.

Electronics are ok, only slight drop as most people already have the new TVs from the days of Bush W. ... which are wearing out on their 5 year schedule. I remember the old CRT televisions could last for 20 years, if you get 5 out of a Plasma or LCD without requiring repairs, you're doing better than average.

Appliances, similarly, are only slightly off from last year ... but should pick up soon. You know, the computers for those appliances have a set lifespan. Any that were purchased since Zero became president must have computerized controls. When you use a computer, you can set maximum duty cycles - what that means is simple. Even if all the mechanics of a washing machine are still in good working order, the computer can make the appliance unuseable and raise the repair cost so high that replacement is actually cheaper.

Lawyers - or lawmakers to be specific - are the cause. Just like the increases in all other avenues of life, like healthcare, they are the reason for the increases. They are destroying society while pretending to be the guardians of it.
ive heard of this in the auto industry a good while back, they called it (planned obsolesence). same thing ,first i heard of it in appl. ,maybe thats why ive had to buy a washer and a frig ,in the same year, and my 52in lcd ,craped the bed to, havent replaced it yet,using giant old one ,from the attic.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chad, we are talking about two different things. You are talking about a local economy and i am talking about the economy on a national level.

As for the stock market - prices are based on earnings. Earnings are the same thing as profit. The stock market goes the same direction as earnings. If earnings go up, so does the market. if they go down so goes the market. generally, the market is a predictor. There are times, ( like now for example) that the market can move a little too far too fast in one direction as investors jump on or off the band wagon. The point is this - generally things are good enough to support higher earnings which is what is driving the market up.

There are other factors that can influence the market and will. Any economic news has a big impact. Interest rates, inflation jobless claims wholesale prices etc etc etc. As well, political news affects the market on a national and global level. These events can drive the market up or down. Many times the the news doesn't even have to be bad to drive a market down. even a whiff of perception that something bad is coming is enough to drive investors out of the water. Those types of events create opportunities for investors.

That the market is up right now tells us investors are confident in the future. These are not stupid people. They are people willing to put real money on their take on the economy.

All is good right now. Does that mean all is good in your local neighborhood? Not necessarily.

You comments on the appliance and electronics industry are interesting.

Wow. Ever been to the national furniture markets? Better ask them before you decide to be a mule and state the above. It isn't just locally, although I stated local experience, it it NATIONALLY.

Get your facts. Don't care what the numbers the govt makes up say, I deal with these folks DAILY, I see the accelerated merry-go-round of salesmen because no one is making money where they are ... we've had salesmen who worked for a decade with one company in the past change employers 4 times in the last year because sales have slumped so badly.

Get out, talk to sales people in any retail business. Ignore the propaganda, and find out for yourself.

BTW, remember the stories about the "Great Depression"?

Back then the market was up because the investors were confident in the future ... just days before they started jumping from skyscrapers without parachutes.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
So when are all those thousands of vacant huge factories you see in every large city going to re-open ? You know so we can stop growing the Chinese economy and work on our own.... PS.. not blaming that one on Obummer, just was hoping for that kind of change rather than that other stuff he's been doing... Maybe instead of sending a couple of unarmed B-52s over that disputed group of islands when the Chinese said not to fly there he should have said "fine we'll stay out of that airspace and you stop sending thousands of cargo ships loaded with cheap junk to the US".. Creating jobs and fixing our economy isn't that hard once we stop doing business with countries that really are NOT our friends. Get a freakin clue people, they are using OUR money to grow their military, using OUR steel they buy from the salvage companies to build aircraft carriers, etc. Is saving a few bucks on that new widget you don't really need really worth the ultimate price you're paying ? Seriously. Hundreds if not thousands of factories would have to re-open and tens of thousands of new jobs would instantly be created just by telling the Chinese to pound sand. Remember Sear & Roebuck ? One of the biggest retailers in the country not all that long ago ? Where you could buy anything from a box of nails to a whole house ? Crafstman tools, "the tools America trusts" according to their ads are now made in China, 120 stores are scheduled to close, thousands of people out of work. Stick a fork in Sears, they are a dead man walking.. Yet Walmart (Chinamart) has 11,000+ stores worldwide. On the bright side I paid 65k for this house I bought 2 years ago in Tennessee when it should have been 125k. The sellers took my ridiculous offer because it had been on the market for 4 years without any offers.

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ronald+Reagan+portrait+MISS++ME+YET.JPG

Don.....

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow. Ever been to the national furniture markets? Better ask them before you decide to be a mule and state the above. It isn't just locally, although I stated local experience, it it NATIONALLY.

Get your facts. Don't care what the numbers the govt makes up say, I deal with these folks DAILY, I see the accelerated merry-go-round of salesmen because no one is making money where they are ... we've had salesmen who worked for a decade with one company in the past change employers 4 times in the last year because sales have slumped so badly.

Get out, talk to sales people in any retail business. Ignore the propaganda, and find out for yourself.

BTW, remember the stories about the "Great Depression"?

Back then the market was up because the investors were confident in the future ... just days before they started jumping from skyscrapers without parachutes.

Back in 1929 there was rampant speculation. Not the case today.

You are taking one small segment of one industry and extrapolating the results across the entire market.

I didn't post that things are good in the furniture business. Especially after one of the major players just declared bankruptcy(FBN). And, anyone who stays in a depressed industry is going to pay the price. The industry itself had expanded on a refi induced bubble. Until that bubble burst with the mort/housing crisis in 2008.

Yet according to industry indexes it is slowly recovering.

That said., One of my friends is a GM at an Acura Dealership. Selling Acura is a retail business. Acuras are high end cars. In a bad economy you would think no one would be buying these cars. yet, my friend, who is also a client had his best year ever. he pulled down about $300,000 for himself. So, why are people buying high end cars in a bad economy? That makes no sense. Maybe, the economy isn't so bad here.

The revolving door of salespeople at your furniture store can be caused by many factors. One being the capricious nature of salespeople. Another being the store's own business model. Many retail sales operations hire more salesman than they need. They do this to guarantee coverage of the long hours and higher traffic times in the store. In times of depressed sales some stores do not adjust or adjust well to the changed business conditions. A condition that puts too many salesman on the floor each vying for a slice of a shrinking pie. In 2008 and 2009 this happened to my friend mentioned above. he needs 12 salespeople to cover all the shifts in his store. With sales way down in those years these guys went from making about 100k a year to not even half of that. He lost some guys. But there wasn't anything he could do about it. Less guys would have meant no coverage on some shifts. The point being, the store was selling cars and making a profit but its salespeople were making less money. The last two years has seen a big recovery for his business.

Sooner or later the furniture biz will recover fully. That it not there today leads to investment opportunity. The best time to buy is when no one else is!

As for the rest of the market - almost 70% of companies in the S&P 500 topped analyst expectations with regard to 3rd quarter earnings. That is - 7 out of every 10 companies did better than expected. Tough to do in a bad economy.

And BTW, these are corporate numbers not government numbers.

Point - my facts are fine!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hint....I am getting tired of politely asking to put thread back on topic.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off topic posts deleted, please keep thread on topic.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wasn't challenging you. You posted asking me to prove the Heritage Foundation link to Ocare. That tells me, you were not aware of it. That doesn't make you a bad person, stupid, or even uninformed. Just unaware - no further judgement rendered.

Actually I was seeing if you could back up your claims or if you were talking out your behind again.

I've been donating to Heritage for many years.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you are right on onecount, (its not as before),heres an alternative ,cap medical costs on rutine visits,set reasonable costs on medical procedures ,i ask when i was a bone marrow donor for my brother ,why did that 2 week stay cost close to a million dollars,i understand med services provide life saving treatments,but mds charge outrageous prices for their services,they get rich on your misfortune ,there is nothing they do ,or provide that justify these prices,the materials they use,the skill sets, the meds,nothing, why does a emergency room visit cost 900.00?if costs were regulated, there wouldnt be a need for any of this ,ins would be less,thus people would voluntary have ins. the medical field is guilty of price gouging ,and there isnt even a shortage,this i believe would be a start to REAL affordable care,not trying to figure out how the masses can pay for exorbitant prices.lower the cost, and there wouldnt be a need, make healthcare reasonable!and before you start to defend these high prices,you need to show justification for them, there are services being provided by individuals,that are dangerous to their safety ,that dont price gouge, i.e law enforcement, gas line welders, electrical lineman,soldiers ,i could go on, you cant live without these services either. just saying ,affordable care starts with AFFORDABLE CARE!saying that i am ignorant just shows exactly how ignorant you are .

NF,

This right here pretty much sums up why I am dead set against the ACA. It does nothing to regulate costs, it simply removes more money from my pocket.

I recently went through surgery to basically reattach my left bicep to my forearm. The doctor I went to had teamed up with 24 other doctors to build a surgery center for themselves. Long story short, the total cost for the surgery including anesthesia, pain medication, and two follow up visits was a little under $2000. I was in and out in just under two hours. If these guys can do it why can't the rest of the field?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread