Democrat Voters Confused: “I Didn’t Realize I Would Be The One Who Was Going to Pay F

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously? Obama crushed Bush two, and equaled Bush one and Nixon. And none of them was handed an economy on life support as was Obama.

Interest rates are near record lows and inflation is non existent. Perfect conditions for the economy to thrive. And if people aren't thriving with it? maybe something needs to change?

I wonder who decides about the inflation........... sure glad the prices of gas, and the huge increase in the prices of food doesnt come into play for that.

the main thing is it cuts out the cost of living increases that the greedy old folks get from the free federal money called SS!

but, the administration wants to raise the minimum wage which has always increased the cost of goods.

keep working............. I need the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!:occasion18:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't know how to respond to the excuses so I'm not going to bother. It falls on deaf ears anyway. My point was that the chart clearly shows Obummer to be a complete failure compared to nearly every other President in the last 70 years. And the guys who think he single handedly is turning things around ? Let me get things straight so I understand. When things go wrong it's that pesky Republican majority in Congress who is at fault. When something good happens Mr Obama did it all by himself. Like when he swam across the ocean with a Ka-Bar in his teeth and killed Bin Laden.. OK got it... Like I said, it's all in how you choose to look at it. I can look up at the clouds & see Elvis. Does that mean he's up there ?

The economy is doing better everyday. The stock market has had an incredible year. Yet you paint a bleak picture. ( cue the abandoned house stories).

AS I've said before, Presidents have very little to do with economies. Though they get blamed for bad ones and credited with good ones. The real problem i have with your post is that you, like most Xrighters are betting against an economic recovery. You don't want it because it makes a president you despise look good.

Still, bottom line is, people make good and bad economies, not presidents.

yesterday was the single biggest shopping day in history of recorded shopping days. Personally, i think that is a good thing.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
^^^^^^^^^^ This.... is the real problem. The government wants "affordable care"? How about starting with the insurance companies that own some of the largest buildings in the world. Those came from excessive profits of course. Hospitals charging $20 for a bandaid, $15 each for aspirin etc. Historically speaking ANY time the government gets involved in the private sector prices go up, not down. People really think this is going to be any different ? LMAO

And much of those profits have come from "high premium - low benefit" health insurance policies. The very same ones getting dropped by Ocare for not meeting minimum requirements.

Still, don't expect any of these companies to sell their headquarters building.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
A. You started with Truman.. lolol.. your graph is incomplete. After FDR ran the US into the ground and was helped out by WWII the economy had to go up.
B. What does this graph represent? Unemployment? Inflation? Interest rates, Debt? Something wrong here.

THe graph looks like it was made in Pelosis' basement by her granddaughter.

I decided to spend the bandwidth. This is from the article-
""Democrats would no doubt like to attribute the large D-R growth gap to better macroeconomic policies, but the data do not support such a claim,” the authors write. (Blinder worked as an adviser in the Clinton White House, Watson is an econometrician not affiliated with either party.)"

FDR didn't run us into the ground. Look up who was president in 1929. or are you applying current republican thinking? Ie - Bush ran us into the ground but blame Obama?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please put thread back on topic, all posts off topic after this post will be deleted.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please put thread back on topic, all posts off topic after this post will be deleted.

NF, I know I can see my post so there is no reason you can't read it.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at time stamps, mine was up before both of yours, I will give you the first, the second you posted after posting first and no way it wasn't up and visible.

Keep posts on topic.

-Taz-

Mar 28, 2013
Island on the west coast
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A. You started with Truman.. lolol.. your graph is incomplete. After FDR ran the US into the ground and was helped out by WWII the economy had to go up.
B. What does this graph represent? Unemployment? Inflation? Interest rates, Debt? Something wrong here.

THe graph looks like it was made in Pelosis' basement by her granddaughter.

I decided to spend the bandwidth. This is from the article-
""Democrats would no doubt like to attribute the large D-R growth gap to better macroeconomic policies, but the data do not support such a claim,” the authors write. (Blinder worked as an adviser in the Clinton White House, Watson is an econometrician not affiliated with either party.)"

If one don´t know what GDP (Gross Domestic Product) is, I suggest to spend the time to read up on it instead of writing a post debating the countries economy.

When it comes to the qoute from the article why did you pick the one qoute that downplayed the democrates, and not the three main conclusions of the article that all supported democratic polices?

I also find it very "daring" to make FDR out to be a man that brought the US to the knees, when in fact he was the man that saved the country, and was in the end stopped by an extremly conservative supreme court and a conservative coallition in the congress. Without these handbrakes he would most likely have got through legislations that would benefited the country up to today.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one don´t know what GDP (Gross Domestic Product) is, I suggest to spend the time to read up on it instead of writing a post debating the countries economy.

When it comes to the qoute from the article why did you pick the one qoute that downplayed the democrates, and not the three main conclusions of the article that all supported democratic polices?

I also find it very "daring" to make FDR out to be a man that brought the US to the knees, when in fact he was the man that saved the country, and was in the end stopped by an extremly conservative supreme court and a conservative coallition in the congress. Without these handbrakes he would most likely have got through legislations that would benefited the country up to today.

If "one" doesn't understand how GDP is calculated I would suggest one might read up on it before strutting around crowing how brilliant one is. Mr Kuznets thought that it was a bad indicator of citizens overall welfare.

Why is it that the rest of the world had a small depression but ours lasted until WWII?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Dave44:

You wrote "Why is it that the rest of the world had a small depression but ours lasted until WWII?"

The Great Depression was world-wide. At least, throughout the developed world.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OB, You wrote "The Great Depression was world-wide. At least, throughout the developed world."

Ob I wrote "Why is it that the rest of the world had a small depression but ours lasted until WWII?"

Hope this helps.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Dave44:

You wrote "Why is it that the rest of the world had a small depression but ours lasted until WWII?"

The Great Depression was world-wide. At least, throughout the developed world.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Just as there is no such thing as a small train wreck, there is no such thing as a small depression.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all I can say is, If ya hungry, I'll cook a meal and feed ya!
If you want someone to hold your hand while you pee and poop and wonder how you gonna get your next meal......
Well god luck with that!
WTF ever happened to ppl providing for themselves?When my folks and me grew up, if you didn't work, kill, or grow it yourself, you went hungry!
Shocker ain't it! That only those that gather, grow, or kill they're food......... eat!
HELLO!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Too bad they don't apply these rules to people who are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 47

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as there is no such thing as a small train wreck, there is no such thing as a small depression.

Somewhat true. Japans was very mild comparatively though, would we call that a single car derailment?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Famous Presidential Lies
LBJ:
• We were attacked

Nixon
• I am not a crook

Clinton:
• I did not have sex with that woman,,,,,, Ms. Lewinski

Bush -:
• Read my lips - No new taxes

Obama:
• I will have the most transparent administration in history.
• TARP is to fund Shovel-ready jobs.
• I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.
• The IRS is not targeting anyone.
• It was a spontaneous riot about a movie.
• If I had a son.
• I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".
• You didn't build that!
• I will restore trust in Government.
• The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.
• The Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My desk.
• It's not my red line - it is the world's red line.
• Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.
• "We got back Every Dime we Used to Rescue the Banks, with interest.
• Same for the Auto Companies.
• I will close Gitmo.
• I am not spying on American citizens.
• ObamaCare will be good for America ..
• You can keep your family doctor. Period.
• Premiums will be lowered by $2,500.
• If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan It's just like shopping at Amazon

• And the biggest one of all:
• I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the
Constitution of the United States of America .

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
you are right on onecount, (its not as before),heres an alternative ,cap medical costs on rutine visits,set reasonable costs on medical procedures ,i ask when i was a bone marrow donor for my brother ,why did that 2 week stay cost close to a million dollars,i understand med services provide life saving treatments,but mds charge outrageous prices for their services,they get rich on your misfortune ,there is nothing they do ,or provide that justify these prices,the materials they use,the skill sets, the meds,nothing, why does a emergency room visit cost 900.00?if costs were regulated, there wouldnt be a need for any of this ,ins would be less,thus people would voluntary have ins. the medical field is guilty of price gouging ,and there isnt even a shortage,this i believe would be a start to REAL affordable care,not trying to figure out how the masses can pay for exorbitant prices.lower the cost, and there wouldnt be a need, make healthcare reasonable!and before you start to defend these high prices,you need to show justification for them, there are services being provided by individuals,that are dangerous to their safety ,that dont price gouge, i.e law enforcement, gas line welders, electrical lineman,soldiers ,i could go on, you cant live without these services either. just saying ,affordable care starts with AFFORDABLE CARE!saying that i am ignorant just shows exactly how ignorant you are .
^^^^^^^^^^ This.... is the real problem. The government wants "affordable care"? How about starting with the insurance companies that own some of the largest buildings in the world. Those came from excessive profits of course. Hospitals charging $20 for a bandaid, $15 each for aspirin etc. Historically speaking ANY time the government gets involved in the private sector prices go up, not down. People really think this is going to be any different ? LMAO

Yes, cost is the problem, but you guys are looking under the wrong rock for the culprit. Look under the lowest, slimiest rocks you can find and you locate them in masses.

Figure out who stands to profit the most from ACA, then take a look at the reason that medical costs have gone sky high.

You have the same culprit in both cases.

Now, the president and his wife are members of that "club".

Thus the expression was born "The only GOOD PLACE to find a lawyer is hanging from a noose."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread