Denied!

bassman92

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the Bank today to pick up some CWRs or boxes of coin. To avoid going in to be told "sorry we dont have any" I called ahead and asked if they had any and they said "yes we have plenty". So I get there and said to the teller I would like to buy some coin I called ahead and you said you had some. They say "do you have an account with us?" Of course I do I said. The teller was new or something and asked another teller. That teller told her she would take care of it. So then I go up to her and I could instantly tell that she was going to be difficult and said I would like to buy some coin. She says"what kind?" I tell her I want pennies, nickels, and dimes. She then proceeds to tell me that a box of pennies, nickels, or dimes would cost $15 a box and bigger coins like quarters, halves, and big dollars would be $35 a box. I said since when does boxes of coins cost that? She shoots me a dirty look and says smuggly" since Thursday". I was being nice and polite as possible. Then I asked well do you have any CWRs I could buy and she said "yes but you'll have to pay to replace them".I was pretty mad and I told her no thanks and walked away. I have not had problems with this banks other branches and just went there cause it was next to the autozone where i was getting my alternator checked. Also I do have an account there. And my sister works at a different branch of that bank and told me they dont charge for coin.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe I should call the manager and complain?

:BangHead:

Upvote 0

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
ArkieBassMan said:
Coinstriking Michigan said:
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think bank tellers are paid or should have to accommodate our hobbies.

You are not wrong at all. However, its not the tellers' decision. It's someone's a little more higher up than a teller. If management is ok with supplying customers with coins, then the tellers should have no problem with it either.

Say I owned a restaurant and gave away free coffee to everyone that walked into the door. Say that some customers took advantage of that and dropped in often just for the free coffee, but never spent a dime. I would be livid if one of my employees refused one of these customers, and I'd likely be in the market for a new employee. Its MY restaurant, MY coffee, and I sign their paycheck. If I want to give all the coffee away, pour it out on the ground, flush it down the toilet or whatever, my employees should just make the coffee and smile.

What I'm trying to say is that if a teller has a problem with a CRHer buying coins, then the teller should talk to management. If management agrees, then absolutely refuse the CRHer. If not, the sell the boxes to the CRHer.

Quite right , its not the tellers call . At my last job my boss told me i could do or say anything as long as i didnt make the customer unhappy by my actions.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
Coinstriking Michigan said:
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think bank tellers are paid or should have to accommodate our hobbies.
The tellers are there to provide customer service. I believe that if you hav an account at the bank you should within reason be able to go in and ask for rolled coin. It really isn't their business what the coin is for. If the bank establishes a policy on how it wants to handle coin requests and dump, that is their perogative but should be administered equally.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take the womans name and call the manager,threaten to leave to go to another bank because of her behavior toward you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread