Denitsa 10x12" S.E.F Butterfly Search Coil

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never tried one, but my opinion is this- There is no magic wire that makes them aftermarket coils better. They can shape the windings for better separation etc. but that is about it. The coil is made and tuned to the freq. of the detector. The coils characteristics are determined by coil shape, conductance, capacitance, and resistance. The correct number of turns shape, and size determine the tuning for each specific frequency. It's no magic and my guess is the manufacturer knows how to make the best coil for their detector. Claims of amazing extra depth are bull. As far as shaping the EMF field of coil, the DD is not a knife edge as shown in pictures and the concentric is not perfectly conical. Those pictures are just to give a layman idea. The truth is the shape of the field is a lot larger and uglier than the pictures everyone shows of a conical and DD.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ordered this from kellyco for my vaq. Anyone using this or have any feedback? Thanks.
Let us know how it works out, I have a couple buddies that prefer the 10 by 12 over stock on their explorers and I would like to try one on my vaq.

OP
OP
Decdad

Decdad

Mar 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. I'm going to test it in the yard here I'm gone over many times with the stock coil on all kinds of settings and see what we come back with. If it's just crap, I'll let you know. Thanks again!

JR in Hohenwald TN.

Mar 15, 2009
I have the NEL Tornado for my V. It has greater gain on the nickle,button and lead conductive items. only and 1-2 inches on the other stuff. I hunt relics not so much into coins. I wanted to see if it'd be more sensitive to the button and small brass range with the 12x13 DD. It is. Gain on a GS coat was around 2 inches, gain on the cuffs were 3", minnies about 2". These are all gains over the the Tesoro 12x10. But the coil is heavier as its bigger. Gives my shoulder a workout.

OP
OP
Decdad

Decdad

Mar 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far...eh. Heavier for sure so that's a minus. Ground balancing is a bit tricky with it as well. The trashy part of the yard has so far yielded nothing big. I'm cherry picking right now and have disc set pretty high (4oclock). Tried it as well with the gain turned up a bit. Did I mention how much heavier this coil is? ;) Front yard tonight. That has yielded lots if pennies and a merc along with other clad so far. We will see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread