Denomis Log

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Denomi's Log

I just recently got into CRH. I'll be posting any and all findings here, so hopefully there are a lot of posts.

So far:

Box of dimes: 1x1963
Box of halves: 0

The one dime I got was literally in the last roll. I got the halves today and was disappointed as I'd read that people have better luck with halves. I'll probably do one more box of halves before I move on to quarters and dimes.

HH

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you read the posts of 20+ skunks boxes?

OP
OP
D

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha I sure have. I'm a college student and having $500+ tied up in coins is kinda a lot. I'm only able to get a box every couple days so a 20 box skunk streak might last me two months! I'm also in a small town, so I'm hoping that'll play to my benefit.

OP
OP
D

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got a box of nickels and I'll post my finds. I had a question: Do different branches of the same bank exchange coins? There are two US Bank branches in my town. If I dumped coins at one could I still get boxes at the other? Or am I just going to be sorting through the same coins?

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got a box of nickels and I'll post my finds. I had a question: Do different branches of the same bank exchange coins? There are two US Bank branches in my town. If I dumped coins at one could I still get boxes at the other? Or am I just going to be sorting through the same coins?

We are all searching through the same coins :)

OP
OP
D

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol thanks for the insight drcaulfield. The nickels didn't produce much, decided I'm only going to save silver and non-jefferson nickels (more into silver, less into numismatic). So the only thing I found close to a find was a 1942, but of course not silver.

I'm picking up a box of dimes today, so hopefully that goes well. I've also set up arrangements with two banks (one BofA and one US Bank, my dump bank is a different US Bank so I'll see if I still find stuff and adjust based on that) to get a total of 5 boxes of dimes and 5 boxes of halves a week. Being a college student, its nice having so much money in coins, so come the end of the month when I'm strapped for cash I think "Oh wait, I have 2k in coins sitting under my desk."

HH

OP
OP
D

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks doc but seems like both of us hoppin wasn't enough. Box of dimes was skunk. So my record is 1 silver from $580 and nothing from a box of nickels.

Maybe they're all saving themselves up for some crazy loaded box.

OP
OP
D

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got two boxes of dimes, solid 2012d's... so that was awesome lol

OP
OP
D

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a while since my last update. I'm on the start of a skunk streak

2 boxes of halves: skunk
3 boxes of quarters: skunk

I have 3 more boxes of quarters coming in next week. Wanted to give a different denomination a shot.

Also, I have beef with foreign currency that looks like silver but isn't... I'm looking at you Canada and UAE! I got no less than a 10 of your 25 cent (or equivalent) coins in my boxes and from the side you look like silver but you're not!!!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, I have beef with foreign currency that looks like silver but isn't... I'm looking at you Canada and UAE! I got no less than a 10 of your 25 cent (or equivalent) coins in my boxes and from the side you look like silver but you're not!!!

I don't get the UAE ones often, but once got like 8 out of $100 of MWR. They are worth 27 cents in exchange.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Do different branches of the same bank exchange coins? There are two US Bank branches in my town. If I dumped coins at one could I still get boxes at the other? Or am I just going to be sorting through the same coins?

They will not directly exchange coins, but they are likely to use the same courier. Therefore, you will dump from where you eat. However, there are millions of halves out there, so your small dumps are unlikely to pollute the supply of your pickup bank.

OP
OP
D

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having a skunk steak:

6 boxes of quarters: skunk
2 boxes of dimes: skunk
3 boxes of halves: skunk

Top Member Reactions