Depression Era Healers Cache?

LBJ

Jul 14, 2006
Depression Era Healer's Cache?

Several years ago, perhaps 10 years, on Unsolved Mysteries (I think), there was a show about a depression era guy who did backwoods doctern' and healn' for a fee of a silver dollar. They said that several bags of silver dollars had been dug up, but many more likely remained hidden in the area. Now, that is the question, I think it was in Arkansas, but where I don't remember. Anyone know? It really made my juices start flowing. May move to AR in the not too distant future, so it would be nice to know.

LBJ

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Depression Era Healer's Cache?

I believe that you are referring to the Goat Healers Horde. I'm pretty sure that Jimmy "Sierra" Normandi found a huge part of it. Round Sacramento, Ca. Many, Many Silver $1 found.

OP
OP
L

LBJ

Jul 14, 2006

That may be it! Been a while. But it was lots of $1 coins.

S

Semtex

hey man you were wright about the story being on unsolved mysteries i saw that story when i was about 12 yrs old the man known as "the goat healer" he would charge 1$ for his services when he got a enough of these coins together he would go out to his property and bury them in different locations around his house and in the woods a lot of the money has been found but know one knows how much was buried in the first place. also i heard that the property owners don't let people detect any more but you might be able to go to the edge of their property because he was know to bury some of the money off his property.

good hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread