Depth and sensitivity

issombeituni

May 26, 2013
I have been playing with some of my settings on the 705. I have a old school and i can run My machine wide open in the open area. But when i get near the ball field and side walks it goes crazy. Picking up All kind of signals. So it made it hard to find targets. After reading randys guide. I remembered what he said About sensitivity being like headlights on a car. So i turned done the sensitivity to 15 and the "ahh haa" moment happend In a area i could bot get one target ended up with over 18 quarters and a silver ring. I was concerned that turning the sensitivity Half way i would only find shallow targets but i dug some quarters at 6 or 7 inches... So question is how much depth do u loose with turning The sensitivity down??? I used these settings 9 inch 3mHz coil sensitivity 15 Ground tracking Auto noise cancel Threshold 7

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turning up the sens like you said is like high beams in a fog. It also sees more minerals in the ground and is more sensitive to EMI fields. Lowering sens actually can get you more depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread