DepthMaster Audiophone II Headphones?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are pretty good, but not up to the quality of Black Widow, Grey ghost. It is best however to see if you can try on different ones at a dealer so to get ones that also fit well besides working well with your detector. I know not everyone is lucky enough to live near a A-1 dealer, but sometimes it pays to drive a ways to check one out. Call ahead to make sure of their hours and what they carry.

Good Luck,
Sandman

dl_mooney

Jun 26, 2008
I have Grey Ghost Original phones,they work great.$89 & change not the cheapest nor the mose expensive. dl_mooney,BH Time Ranger, VibraProbe 570. Lesche Digger

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a pair for several years and was disappointed with them. I couldn't tell any difference with the circuit "on" or "off". Finally bought a pair of 32 ohm KOSS. When I discovered RatPhones and read the tech data at his website, I went with a pair of his phones and got the optional clipper circuit and individual volume controls. Rats are the best, in my never humble opinion. Heavy duty, mil spec parts that are assembled to order. These will probably be the last phones I'll ever have to buy. 315ohms impedance is plenty for MY needs. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I have been thinking about getting a pair of headphones for awhile, but still can't decide if I want them or not. When I asked the original question I was just looking for a cheap pair that I could get by with in certain places. Right now I would rather buy a pin pointer and possibly a sniper coil for one of my machines before I get headphones. Might as well get a good pair if I am going to get any. The Ratphones really look good especially with the lifetime warranty.
Do headphones make that much of a difference? What about using them in places where you have to watch over your shoulder.... which is alot of places that I hunt. I also have some hearing loss.... mainly high pitches and have tinnitus. Would headphones help me in this condition?
Also been thinking about getting an adaptor and just using the earbuds from my MP3 player until I get a good pair of headphones.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I did not have the headphones ..But i had still have the Depth master that you plugged in to you headphone jack then plugged your headphones into it . It never seemed to work that great and it would not work with all my detectors some it worked with and some it did not..........................==Jim==

Attachments

• 100_1445.jpg
    100_1445.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 543

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SwampHunter said:
I have been thinking about getting a pair of headphones for awhile, but still can't decide if I want them or not. When I asked the original question I was just looking for a cheap pair that I could get by with in certain places. Right now I would rather buy a pin pointer and possibly a sniper coil for one of my machines before I get headphones. Might as well get a good pair if I am going to get any. The Ratphones really look good especially with the lifetime warranty.
Do headphones make that much of a difference? What about using them in places where you have to watch over your shoulder.... which is alot of places that I hunt. I also have some hearing loss.... mainly high pitches and have tinnitus. Would headphones help me in this condition?
Also been thinking about getting an adaptor and just using the earbuds from my MP3 player until I get a good pair of headphones.

Yep, headphones DO make that much of a difference. The higher the impedance rating (in ohms) the more sensitive they are. The higher ohm rating, the better for hearing the finer differences in signals on any particular target. I, too, have tinnitus. RatPhones are available with one earphone, or you could do as I've done. Just slip the "off" phone cup off of that ear. The "off" cup is the one opposite the side the cord attaches to. In my never humble opinion, using earbuds of ANY kind would be a waste of your time. The full ear coverage of good headphones can't be beat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions