Deputy Dawg - South Florida - Newbie Started Today!

deputy_dawg

Jun 29, 2011
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II Sea Hunter
This is my first post ever on this forum and my first day using a metal detector.

I grew up in Panama City (Florida) but in the summers I was sent to stay with my Great-Grandmother who ran a country store in Smithville (Mississippi). Even though it was the late 70's and early 80's...it felt like the 1920's whenever I was there.

I put my Garrett Mark II Sea Hunter together today...watched the demo video...then hit Hollywood Beach (Florida). I filled every hole I dug, threw all the trash away that I found, and walked away with $3.30 in change! At least I know it works! I am forty years old but I know that this is something I will be doing for a long, long time. What a great hobby I have discovered!

Attachments

• Puerto Rico 038.JPG
    Puerto Rico 038.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 463

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Welcome to a great hobby and forum. Hope you do well in the future. Many on here will help if you ever have questions.Good Luck. rockhound

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
wow, the scenery is beautiful! good luck, am looking forward to seeing your finds

OP
OP
deputy_dawg

deputy_dawg

Jun 29, 2011
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II Sea Hunter
mamabear said:
wow, the scenery is beautiful! good luck, am looking forward to seeing your finds

I am a Southern boy but I go to Puerto Rico once a year as my wife is from there. I love it there! (I blend in well if I do not open my mouth.) I plan on someday having a home there and a home here when I retire. The background in the photo is the fort El Morro and it is hard to tell but there are hundreds of kites in the sky. A lot of history in San Juan. I am less than 50 feet away from where Ponce De Leon is buried.

Now if I can just sneak my metal detector into my bags without my wife seeing. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread