Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,
I would like to let everyone know that our 1st is up and ready for reading..... Please follow the link to the site, take a look around and when your ready click on current issue to see the magazine...http://www.dezertmagazine.com

issue1_thumbnail.jpg

Thx
PLL

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gang,
I have had a BUNCH of people look at it today, and the only one person who had trouble has a very old computer. I run Firefox myself and have had no issues with it, the link above is for the site ( it does have Flash programs that might take awhile to upload ). Here is the link directly to the magazine....

http://www.dezertmagazine.com/current-issue

Thx
PLL

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
pegleglooker said:
Hi Gang,
I have had a BUNCH of people look at it today, and the only one person who had trouble has a very old computer. I run Firefox myself and have had no issues with it, the link above is for the site ( it does have Flash programs that might take awhile to upload ). Here is the link directly to the magazine....

http://www.dezertmagazine.com/current-issue

Thx
PLL

Made it in after an hour or so (isp issue in Chicago). Looks good, especially like the page-flip. Looking
forward to the next issue. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx Blacksheep !!! We are a quarterly magazine and the next issue will be on Jan 1 2011. But keep checking the site, because we will be updating smaller stories whenever they break ( click on your favorite category- archeology, anthropology, history. 4x4ing, travel, botany, wildlife, rock collecting and treasure hunting )...

Thx again
PLL
Editor

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe that you have captured the essence of the original Desert Magazine. I can't wait for the next issue.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to read the story of Johnny Lang and the Lost Horse Mine......It is a GREAT read from Walter Feller !!!!!

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone has tried to look at any of the old issues at scrbd.com... I feel your pain... the load VERY choppy and you usually have click the page arrow and hope it loads... That is why we are also uploading all the issues as well, but it will take time. If you would like to take a look at how they will display follow the link and click on issue 11 or 12 only they are the only ones that are live so far.... And please let me know if you think its a better way to go.... or not ...BTW we had our 1000th hit today in less than 1 week !!!!! WOW!!!!

http://dezertmagazine.com/old-desert-magazine

Thx
PLL
Editor
DezertMagazine.com

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gang,
We have just completed uploading 1937 and 1938 from the Original desert Magazine in Flip book form... You can now download, print or email if you like, and you also have the ability to " bookmark " any page that you like with your own notes.... I hope you like it...

Thx
PLL

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
Just a quick reminder for those who haven't seen the 1st issue, it is still available and it's also FREEEEE!!!!!!!! Check out the story about the Lost Horse Mine, Murders at In-Ko-Pah ( by settlers children? ), Newbie's first rock trip, the Legend of Llorona and much much more !!!!!

I hope you enjoy!!!!
PLL

BubbaJon

Greenie
Nov 29, 2009
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
That page after the contents apparently has some sort of multimedia ad. Damned obnoxious as it doesn't shut off when you turn the page.

srf2112

Jul 5, 2010
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro w/DX-1, MXT 300 w/DX-1, Dual Field P.I., Excal II, M6, Garrett ProPointer, Pro-Gold HP's, Lesche and Predator force multipliers
Nice site PLL ! I clicked on the link and no problem...it loaded right up. Very sharp and professional. I had no problems or issues with any part of it...least of all any of the advertising that allows you to share this for for FREE with us. Guess there's a damned whiner in every group. Keep up the good work.
HH
Scott

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gang,
For those who are having some problems, we have found that it might be because of a slow speed on your computer ( possibly ). When you open the magazine look to the lower left and you will see a block of squares. If you click here it will show you all the pages, and yes we are having some issue with the video which is on page 9. The best is go to page 9 and press the pause button, wait for the magazine to load ( the speed varies depending on your computer ), and then kick back and enjoy. I usually will bring the magazine up and then get something to drink, a snack, or take a potty break and by the time I come back there's no problem. Scott as far as pricing is concerned, this issue is free.... But I can't promise that will continue... I have already dropped tens of thousands of dollars to get this up and running ( and to make sure there will not be any legal hassles ). However it will be EXTREMELY affordable.... Definitely under $20 a year, and we will have hats, t shirts, books etc.... And there will be discounts for members only... Let's put this way, if you were to buy a couple of books and a hat or t-shirt, or even have a friend become a paid member, the membership would be almost free. We have not finalized this and it is still being discussed.... I'll keep you all informed if and when it changes, be sure to sign up for the newsletter and you will be the first to know...

Thx
PLL

srf2112

Jul 5, 2010
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro w/DX-1, MXT 300 w/DX-1, Dual Field P.I., Excal II, M6, Garrett ProPointer, Pro-Gold HP's, Lesche and Predator force multipliers
As I said, very tight and professional. Thanks for the free preview. I'm sure it will be a great deal at whatever price you determine. Nice work and good luck.
HH
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread