Detained while CRHing

scotty1418

Jan 21, 2009
Detained while CRH'ing

I thought I just had to share this story with you guys. Today during my lunch break I stopped at a branch I go every couple weeks to drop off 2 boxes of halves. The deposit was uneventful and the teller was nice, but as I turned to leave, I was greeted by a police officer very intent on knowing who I was and telling me to take my hand out of my pocket.

He proceeded to detain me for about 40 minutes through plenty of questions about where I got the coins, what I was doing with them, etc.

Anyways, about 20 minutes in, he explained a Brinks truck was robbed about 2 hours from me with in the last week and one of the tellers called the police on my deposit because they had received a notice about the robbery.

And I thought skunk boxes were tough enough - now I have to prove to police officers that I'm not the bank robber they think I am!

To end the story, the officer finally apologized and thanked me for being patient and I went on my way. The thing that really annoyed me though, was that once the teller called the police on me, no one from the branch said a single word to me again. No - "I'm sorry we had to call the police because of our policies, but thank you for being cooperative" etc.

On a positive note, I turned some of my deposit into $140 in dimes and got 3 keepers. Then went to another bank to pick up $100 in machine rolls and got 11 40% and 1 walking liberty!

Upvote 0

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008
Re: Detained while CRH'ing

too bad you can't post that bank name somewhere to attract all local CRH-er dumnps.
But then, people would know where there was a CRH in their midst.... Still any one you know personally, you should work with them to dump everything and anything onto that bank. Fill that vault with bleeping pennies. Do it en masse. A$$hats.

They should have known damn well who you were if you dump there regularly, esp. if it was before this robbery.
wow.

XX

Jan 11, 2008

scotty1418 said:
Another point I wanted to add is that I use this bank VERY often and it has been my bank for over 6 years - I just don't visit the branch too frequently.

I requested the officer pull up my savings account record (to show the frequent $1k deposits/withdrawls) or to call the neighboring branch where I have a regular weekly order, in the hopes of neatly cleaning up the matter, but he ignored that, which meant an additional 30 minutes of waiting.

So if he wasn't willing to do any detective work, what convinced him to let you go? Your stamina was bigger than his??

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Grizz if your serious about the T-shirts. I am deffinately in to buy one. Can't believe this story. What we coin roll hunters have to go through to get the silver love.

Golden silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread